Steelbreeze

1947 Windsor fluid drive kickdown switch needed

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The carburetor that was supplied with our Windsor did not have the kickdown switch attached and we cannot find in any parts boxes. I had the carb rebuilt by John  Plaskan so I'm hoping to find the switch by itself to keep from wasting money on another carb. This one is running great. Part # Carb kickdown # 1121 125, or  870 864

Edited by Steelbreeze
Wrong word (see edit history)

Anyone have any leads? not sure which ones came on the 47 Windsor. I have found conflicting info in different places.

I have 870864 NOS

I show it as CARB KICKDOWN SWITCH PISTON  1941-1950

www.arizonaparts.com

also have 870862 NOS

CARB KICKDOWN TERMINAL PLATE

www.arizonaparts.com

First of all it's the Stromberg that camber on some. We are either going to have to adapt one of these switches or most likely just use a micro switch to accomplish the same thing

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, marty14 said:

I have 870864 NOS

I show it as CARB KICKDOWN SWITCH PISTON  1941-1950

www.arizonaparts.com

also have 870862 NOS

CARB KICKDOWN TERMINAL PLATE

www.arizonaparts.com

Can you post pix of these or send to steelbreeeeze@aol.com? Or text to 954 558 1382 Thanx much. I'll try and look up numbers

Edited by Steelbreeze (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

There is a used carb on Ebay right now that has what appears to be a complete switch, and the carb is less than what you should expect to pay for the switch.

If you just absolutely have to have new old stock, they are available, but not cheap.

Jon

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

Can't find the listing. The only one I can find has been listed for quite a while and is a 2 barrel. If you see again please post a link or an item #. Thanx

The one on Ebay IS a two-barrel!

Your listing title states 1947, and Windsor (I think) is a Chrysler.

You also state you have the Stromberg which came on the vehicle.

According to factory Stromberg records, Stromberg supplied ONLY two-barrel carburetors for use on Chryslers in the years1938 through 1950. In 1947, two were used: Stromberg 4-111 and 4-112, both of which are two-barrels.

Stromberg supplied a one-barrel type BXVES-3 in 1951. Maybe this, or some other Stromberg has been retrofitted.

If you have a one-barrel Stromberg, perhaps if you listed the carburetor identification number, someone could help.

Jon.

Carter EV1 was the typical carburetor that came on 1946-48 six cylinder Chryslers.

1946-early 1947 Chrysler straight "8" cars used the Stromberg 2 BBL kick down carbs then in 1948 went to the carter E7A1 1BBL carbs.