Steelbreeze

WTB '47 WINDSOR LOWER HEATER VENT SEAL

Steelbreeze    5

SEAL FOUND. THANX.

I need the seal or complete vent flap that closes the heater vent at the bottom center of the unit. It attaches to one of the clear knobs under the dash. Not that one for the cowl vent. The rubber seal on mine is shot. I don't care about the condition of the metal part. Only the rubber seal. Any help will be appreciated so that we can get this jewel back in service.20170330_190739.thumb.jpg.bcc99721b397754ad9575c9d292b3a85.jpg

20170330_193651.jpg

20170330_190750_001.jpg

Edited by Steelbreeze
Part found (see edit history)

Steelbreeze    5
21 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

Hi Steelbreeze,

I am the guy parting the 46 Royal. I do not have the gasket you need but I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.steelerubber.com/search?c=/cowl-vent-fittings&year=1947&make=chrysler&model=windsor&style=4-door-sedan-6-passenger

Joe

Yes, thanx. Much appreciated. I guess I wasn't calling it the correct name or looking in the right place coz I couldn't find it. But the first one was the part. Would you happen to have the connecting piece of stainless steel that fills the seam in the stainless window reveal molding on the outside of the window opening?  Someone lost one of mine and it would take a while for me to fabricate one well enough to look right. I'm also looking for a set of cowl mounted mirrors. As well as a hood release cable and the kickdown switch on the carburetor. Thanx for your help

Joe Cocuzza    28

Send me a picture of the stainless piece you need.

About the cowl mirrors.... There are repros out there but you need to spend around $1200.00 for them. As far as finding used good ones - not much chance of that. They are very difficult to find. I have a new repro set in the box but I am reluctant to put them on my car out of fear they might get damaged or broken.

I have a hood release cable but I am not sure if it is broken off at the hood end. The knob is there and the cable but not sure if it ever broke.

Kickdown switch - I have to look.

Joe

Steelbreeze    5
12 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

About the cowl mirrors.... There are repros out there but you need to spend around $1200.00 for them. As far as finding used good ones - not much chance of that. They are very difficult to find. I have a new repro set in the box but I am reluctant to put them on my car out of fear they might get damaged or broken.

I have a hood release cable but I am not sure if it is broken off at the hood end. The knob is there and the cable but not sure if it ever broke.

Joe

Here's the little stainless piece. Thanx

149201220929844467234.jpg

Steelbreeze    5
On 4/11/2017 at 11:41 PM, Joe Cocuzza said:

Joe

Any luck with the other parts you may have? Am waiting with fingers crossed.

Joe Cocuzza    28

I have not forgotten about this. I need to get a chance to look for them.

I work long hours and I find little time for much else.

I will keep you posted.

Joe

Joe Cocuzza    28

Hi Steelbreeze,

I looked for the parts you asked about and I could not come up with them. Sorry. I will keep looking through my stuff and see if I missed them. I have boxes of parts from 2 parts cars and I "search" through them from memory so I may have a part but I just need to locate it.

However, if you need anything else I have a lot more parts.

One other thing. I have seen the carb kickdown switch come up on Ebay once in awhile. I don't know how soon you'd need one though.

Joe

Steelbreeze    5

I would like to find the correct switch but if not we are just going to use a micro switch to do the same thing. Please keep checking though. If you have the little stainless piece with a complete molding I will buy the whole piece if necessary

Edited by Steelbreeze
Wrong word (see edit history)