Remove and replace passenger side window

storyman

Hi folks, I need some opinions, advice, or some good moral support. The guide that is bonded to the front edge of my passenger window came off. I used epoxy on it, which worked for a while. I bought a salvage replacement and now am asking what kind of can of worms I am opening to replace the old window? This is on my 90 red coupe, saddle interior, with VIN 1G4EC13CXLB908369. This car came with both a cassette and cd player. It runs and drives great but would be nice to be able to roll down both windows. Thanks for any help.

I'd  highly recommend getting a factory service manual if you are going to tackle this yourself. There is a lot of disassembly needed to remove the window, but here is rough outline.

Remove the following: interior door panel, mirror bracket cover, outside mirror, outside window sweep molding, inside window sweep and trim retainer, window upstop limiter bracket (note location of mounting bolt by marking around it before removal so it can be put back in same position later). Window has to be put at least part way down so that rollers can be disengaged from the regulator channel and then angled up and out of the door shell. It may be necessary to loosen the vent window as well to get the track disengaged as the window is removed. Reassembly is inverse of the preceding.

Again though, a factory manual that you can follow step by step with illustrations is really a good idea to have on hand. It will pay for itself in just a few DIY repairs done. 

• Like 1