1934 Truck engine cylinder head

Hi,

I found someone selling a 1934 dodge truck engine, supposedly in a 1.5 ton truck. My question is, would the cylinder head from this fit a 1933 Dodge 201 engine?? Mine currently has a head with a 600668 head casting. His casting number is 620027. and the picture looks like his engine also has the block with the cyl walls exposed.. I cant find any info on that casting number.. I want to make sure its the narrow head not the later wide one..

any help is appreciated!

Kevin

00z0z_hUa87rRbcts_600x450.jpg

Measure it. Chrysler made several six cylinder engines that all looked about the same but were different in overall size. And, within a single engine family there could be various bore and stroke. So measure the length of the head and if it is the same you are in business. If they are different families the difference will be obvious, like an inch or more.

5 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

Measure it. Chrysler made several six cylinder engines that all looked about the same but were different in overall size. And, within a single engine family there could be various bore and stroke. So measure the length of the head and if it is the same you are in business. If they are different families the difference will be obvious, like an inch or more.

I wish it were that easy.. I found it online and he is about 14 hours from me. lol.  I was hoping someone knew the casting number. I will ask him to measure and hopefully he can read down to an 1/8" :) The head I want is 6 3/4" wide by 23" long, I found there is also a 7 1/8" x 23" head

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, are there raised letters on your cylinder head? Such as P E/ ?

I ask because a cast iron cylinder head casting number of 600668 is for 1934 Plymouth

If the raised letters on the truck engine you are considering are DP or PC or PE/PF then you are ok. because the 1933 Dodge DP and the 1933-34 Plymouth engines share the same basic design.

If the raised letters are "DR", indicating 1934 Dodge passenger car then you are out of luck.This engine has exposed cylinders however the cylinder head bolt pattern is different. The block casting number (near the starter) is 620029, the cylinder head has DR in raised letters and the cyl head casting number is either 621936 or 621836-the small numbers are hard to read.

I HAD a 1934 Dodge truck engine stamped T5 and I  believe it was original. It had a 1934 Plymouth cylinder head 600668 PE/F. The block had the same casting 618829 as a 1934 Plymouth engine.

t5 Dodge Engine_ 002.JPG

t5 Dodge Engine_ 006.JPG

3 hours ago, countrytravler said:

From my Hollander Book. Copyright 1950.

20170411_112144.jpg

Thanks for the info! I printed a copy to keep in my files. From this I learned a 34 Dodge truck head could fit but not this one I found. It must be a 218 engine..

Thank you everyone for all the help! This is a great site for information :) 

6 hours ago, dep5 said:

Kevin, are there raised letters on your cylinder head? Such as P E/ ?

I ask because a cast iron cylinder head casting number of 600668 is for 1934 Plymouth

If the raised letters on the truck engine you are considering are DP or PC or PE/PF then you are ok. because the 1933 Dodge DP and the 1933-34 Plymouth engines share the same basic design.

If the raised letters are "DR", indicating 1934 Dodge passenger car then you are out of luck.This engine has exposed cylinders however the cylinder head bolt pattern is different. The block casting number (near the starter) is 620029, the cylinder head has DR in raised letters and the cyl head casting number is either 621936 or 621836-the small numbers are hard to read.

I HAD a 1934 Dodge truck engine stamped T5 and I  believe it was original. It had a 1934 Plymouth cylinder head 600668 PE/F. The block had the same casting 618829 as a 1934 Plymouth engine.

t5 Dodge Engine_ 002.JPG

t5 Dodge Engine_ 006.JPG

Yes my head has PC on it. I am hoping to pickup a 33 Dodge engine from a fellow member on here in a few weeks, but I figured if I had the chance to have an extra head I would buy it. I thought the engines with the exposed cyl walls were interchangeable but I learned something new!