Sign in to follow this  
Imperial62

1991 Maui and Black Interior 1 of 1

Yes that interior looks black but suspect it is the blue offered in 1990 and 1991, it can looks pretty dark in certain light.

Without the vin number being posted, I guess it is a 1990 because of the wheels.

Barney,

Looks to me that the interior has been recolored in its entirety. Look at the carpet edge strip along the door sill,  it is definitely black compared alongside the weather stripping and door sill plate. The seats probably were re-shot with leather colorant and the carpet and seatbelts redyed with something like leather magic dye. The dash and door panels re-shot with  DuPont or Sherwin-Williams auto interior colorant.

Would have been fairly straightforward  over the stock blue color since that is already pretty dark. A fair amount of work, to be sure, but not out of the question. I'm redying  all carpet in my convertible right now, as well as the seatbelts due to fade (has a tan interior turning pinkish as usual). Have also done some leather repair and color touch up with leather magic product.