Signal / Directional Lights Column Mount Lever

Ric Dean

Signal / Directional Lights Column Mount Lever

… Can someone point me in the right direction ha-ha? Are these 1930’s? There are no makers marks or names on the assembly. I would like it to be period correct for a 1930s Car, what do you think? Note the cloth wiring.

Thanks Ric

Directional Lights 1930s 2b 600p .jpg

Directional Lights 1930s 3b 600p .jpg

Directional Lights Colum mount Lever 1930s 5b 600p .jpg

I have the same handle on a 32 car.  That chrome lever thing pulls up/off to get to the tiny bulb that shines through the star.

No idea on how to date these to a year, except getting lucky to find an old ad online from a dated magazine/etc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F&J said:

I have the same handle on a 32 car.  That chrome lever thing pulls up/off to get to the tiny bulb that shines through the star.

No idea on how to date these to a year, except getting lucky to find an old ad online from a dated magazine/etc

thank you F&J I would not have known that the Lever pulls up/off to get at a bulb that shines through the star. I can hardly wait to see this in operation.

thank you Ric

Guest Anne Bobroff-Hajal

That does look like one of my grandfather's Teleoptic designs!  Thanks so much for identifying it, Dennis, and for contacting me, Ric.  Here's a bit more information about Teleoptic and my grandfather  http://annebobroffhajal.com/category/featured/mysteries-of-my-grandfather-featured/  I too would love to see this signal in operation!

Anne

Edited by Anne Bobroff-Hajal (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Anne Bobroff-Hajal said:

That does look like one of my grandfather's Teleoptic designs!  Thanks so much for identifying it, Dennis, and for contacting me, Ric.  Here's a bit more information about Teleoptic and my grandfather  http://annebobroffhajal.com/category/featured/mysteries-of-my-grandfather-featured/  I too would love to see this signal in operation!

Anne

Anne

... Thank you for your reply via the AACA. I was only in hope that I would be able to receive some 2nd hand information that this Directional Light Signal Assembly could be from the 1930’s. You are a credit to your Grandfathers legacy and its grand to have a piece of history on my car that will have its story to tell.

Regards, Ric Dean