1930 Studebaker President Reduced 32500

ols car dog

I've sold three cars through PreWarCar, it has a huge following.  I had an early Regal underslung chassis, sold in 4 hours on PreWarCar site.

I don't use Hemmings at all.  My opinion is that a lot of the cars that end up in Hemmings are overpriced ones.  Every now and then a fair deal comes along, but it almost seems to be the last resort when a car isn't selling through other means.

I surely would not use the AACA forums as a sole method of advertising car.  While I really enjoy the forums, it's a limited audience as far as car sales go.  There are some success storied on the forum, and I know people who are quite happy they read it, as they've found good cars by doing so.

I hate to say it, but Ebay will usually give you a good indication of a car's value.  There's such a large number of people reached, and one's specifically looking for certain cars or types of cars.  Yes, people will low ball you on the site too, but overall, high quality stuff will bring high quality prices.

Good luck with your sale!

1 hour ago, trimacar said:

I've sold three cars through PreWarCar, it has a huge following.  I had an early Regal underslung chassis, sold in 4 hours on PreWarCar site.

The one time I sold a car in 4 hours I realized I had underpriced it by 25-35%.  But a deal is a deal.

I could have had it underpriced, don't know, shipped overseas!

As far as payment:

-cash in hand gives you the most options

-Paypal for a deposit might be fine, problem with Paypal is they can decide to tie up your money for no reason, I've never had a problem but have heard stories

-cashier's check, well no not for me, that used to be fine, the only way I'd take a cashier's check now is if I'm at the bank when the buyer gets it (which I've done), too easy to forge

-personal check, only if it's from a person you absolutely, positively know has the money (I almost said Jay Leno, but won't), it can bounce, payment can be stopped, all that stuff

-wire transfer is very good, from their bank account to yours, in 30 minutes and your bank can verify the money is there

Remember that any sale, if you make money, is reportable as income.  If you break even or lose money, make sure you have the documentation of what you spent on the car to prove you didn't profit.  My lawyer makes me say that.  Cash negates that comment completely, anything else is transparent to the appropriate agency.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can not believe this car has not sold?? I realize that some may think it's overpriced, but try buying a car like that and do the repairs and updates and see how much you have invested. Before you say it..... Wayne already has two cars in this era. ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

But, Wayne, your cars in this era are not Full Classic cars that would allow you to participate in The Chesapeake Region of the CCCA.  That said, your Chrysler is a fantastic car.

That may be true Earl, but I don't  ever have time to keep them going. ?

10 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

That may be true Earl, but I don't  ever have time to keep them going. ?

Sell the Essex Wayne, and one of the Olds'.  A 1930 Studebaker is a horse.  I've been told it has a Pierce-Arrow engine.  I had a friend in Baltimore who had a 1929 Studebaker President and I couldn't keep up with him on I-95 with a '39 Buick Special (now I can't remember if the Buick had been given an engine rebuild yet or not.  It was a very long time ago)

Just to clarify, it was not a Pierce Arrow engine, although since Studebaker owned Pierce at the time, there were similarities.

For example, for 1930, the Pierce had a nine main bearing engine, the Studebaker President engine was a five main bearing.

Still, the President is an exceptional car.  By now it's shown that the price point is too high for anyone now active on this forum, at least, since it's not sold.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...