ols car dog

1930 Studebaker President Reduced 32500

I can not believe this car has not sold?? I realize that some may think it's overpriced, but try buying a car like that and do the repairs and updates and see how much you have invested. Before you say it..... Wayne already has two cars in this era. 😁

• Like 1

But, Wayne, your cars in this era are not Full Classic cars that would allow you to participate in The Chesapeake Region of the CCCA.  That said, your Chrysler is a fantastic car.

15 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

But, Wayne, your cars in this era are not Full Classic cars that would allow you to participate in The Chesapeake Region of the CCCA.  That said, your Chrysler is a fantastic car.

That may be true Earl, but I don't  ever have time to keep them going. 😃

10 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

That may be true Earl, but I don't  ever have time to keep them going. 😃

Sell the Essex Wayne, and one of the Olds'.  A 1930 Studebaker is a horse.  I've been told it has a Pierce-Arrow engine.  I had a friend in Baltimore who had a 1929 Studebaker President and I couldn't keep up with him on I-95 with a '39 Buick Special (now I can't remember if the Buick had been given an engine rebuild yet or not.  It was a very long time ago)

Just to clarify, it was not a Pierce Arrow engine, although since Studebaker owned Pierce at the time, there were similarities.

For example, for 1930, the Pierce had a nine main bearing engine, the Studebaker President engine was a five main bearing.

Still, the President is an exceptional car.  By now it's shown that the price point is too high for anyone now active on this forum, at least, since it's not sold.