1947 Windsor high beam indicator location?

We are installing an aftermarket wiring harness in my vehicle and can't seem to figure out where the high beam indicator light is supposed to go. The original wiring diagram only shows its existence but not location. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is one of that last items to hook up and I don't want to just stick a light anywhere. Also has anyone has their radio converted to a modern function radio. I am considering it but kinda hate to ruin the authenticity since it is in great original condition. But I do want FM radio and refuse to hang a unit under the dash or in glove box. The car is 95% original and I'm trying to keep it that way. 

That's where we have been looking but don't see any place it can be. On the instrument panel we have the Speedo numbers surrounded by the plastic bezel, then the meta dash. If anyone has a picture please forward. We find no lens or hole for the bulb. Online searches for an image have produced nothing. I will look in this area again in the morning. Thanx for the help.

1 hour ago, JFranklin said:

Maybe you will need to get ahold of an owners manual to see where the indicator was located. Was it an option on that model?

Ah hah! Maybe that's the problem. We cabby find any place it could be and all the info I have come across lists the car as having one. We decided today to make the clear shift knob the high beam indicator with a blue LED. Will be a simple operation. I'm still curious as to the correct location.

Do a Google search "1947 Chrysler high beam indicator"  link below.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=gPW8WKq3DIXQ-API24SgCQ#q=1947+Chrysler+high+beam+indicator&spf=1

Second item down below images.

Chrysler's Classic Woodie - Page 40 - Google Books Result

Things fared much better in 1947, a total of 2,752 six cylinder and 82 eight cylinder Sedans ... The high beam indicator was moved to the speedometer cluster.

'GOOGLE iS YOUR FRIEND"

I have 46 thru 48 Chryslers and here is what I found while making one out of many.

The later cars (I think) have the hi beam indicator on the dash itself above the gauges.

The early ones (might be backwards on this) have the hi beam indicator on the speedo face on one side and the turn indicator on the other side.

Only one turn indicator for both sides. They look like they both should be turn indicators.

In my case I wanted to use the best dash and it didn't have a hole for the indicator and it just seemed wrong to only have one turn indicator by the speedo.

I cobbled something up to make it work on a hot rod but its crude.

I used one of those fender indicators from the 60s under the dash, I put it where it was behind a column mounted tach as its pretty bright. I can see it at night by not seeing it directly,  but I have caught myself driving with the hi beams on during the day.

• Like 1

Jack M is correct.  In 1946 Chrysler used an indicator light above the speedometer housing on the dash and left and right turn signal indicators.  For 1947, Chrysler eliminated the high beam indicator on the dash and moved it to what was the left turn signal indicator.  The right indicator flashes for either direction.  Chrysler products used a single turn signal indicator for many years.  My 1961 Dodge uses just one indicator for both right and left turn signals.

• 11 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 9:07 AM, Steelbreeze said:

We are installing an aftermarket wiring harness in my vehicle and can't seem to figure out where the high beam indicator light is supposed to go. The original wiring diagram only shows its existence but not location. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is one of that last items to hook up and I don't want to just stick a light anywhere. Also has anyone has their radio converted to a modern function radio. I am considering it but kinda hate to ruin the authenticity since it is in great original condition. But I do want FM radio and refuse to hang a unit under the dash or in glove box. The car is 95% original and I'm trying to keep it that way. 

I have a 1949 1st Series New Yorker with a converted FM radio.... works well, previous owner paid $700 to have it done.  Are you still looking for where the highness bulb goes?? Can provide a photo.

Yes we found that to be correct about the 47 high beam indicator which is why we moved it to the shift lever. I wanted both my turn signal indicators to work like normal cars. Is the radio for sale? I have restored mine with new face dial and refurb. I suppose I could put my parts on that one if yours aren't already new and if you are selling it, also depending on the price. And what features your radio has. Lemme know and thanx a lot.