Mark Gregory

Has anyone heard of Three - Car - Train - Racing ? ?

14 posts in this topic

:lol:

Ha ha ha! That looks like a hoot!!!

Never seen anything like this - it's hilarious!! No wonder it draws a crowd:lol::lol:

Beats watching NASCAR!

1 person likes this

These guys have taken train racing to the next level.        

1 person likes this

A bunch of loonies and toonies is NOT the purse.

Race promoters do all kinds of crazy things to keep a crowd pleased.

I was at an event one time where they had a contest of how far one could kick their shoe.

Also an egg roll contest.

Figure 8 train racing is probably crazier than doing the figure 8 with a stock car.

They gotta keep the crowd entertained, especially if there is low car count.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:29 AM, JACK M said:

Race promoters do all kinds of crazy things to keep a crowd pleased.

I was at an event one time where they had a contest of how far one could kick their shoe.

Also an egg roll contest.

Figure 8 train racing is probably crazier than doing the figure 8 with a stock car.

They gotta keep the crowd entertained, especially if there is low car count.

I was in a race once against a Datsun 510. I was in a boat in a somewhat open event on the Arkansas River. In the Anything That Floats Without a Motor Race, where you go 5 miles, I won by around 3 miles...in a field of 10 or 20 vessels. The Datsun was filled with styrofoam, inner tubes and empty beer kegs and was poled by 3 or 4 people and made a kind of lousy raft. I had a 14'-9" kevlar racing kayak.

2 hours ago, jeff_a said:

I was in a race once against a Datsun 510. I was in a boat in a somewhat open event on the Arkansas River. In the Anything That Floats Without a Motor Race, where you go 5 miles, I won by around 3 miles...in a field of 10 or 20 vessels. The Datsun was filled with styrofoam, inner tubes and empty beer kegs and was poled by 3 or 4 people and made a kind of lousy raft. I had a 14'-9" kevlar racing kayak.

Wow, I could see how a Kevlar racing kayak would win that event.  My son has a 12 foot Poke boat, also made of Kevlar, weighs about 25 pounds, and glides across the water like it was on greased rails....with him in it, it maybe has a draft of an inch or slightly more, and moves VERY fast with double acting oar....

Oops, should have said I beat the Datsun by 3 miles. The canoes and kayaks I raced were harder to beat. 

That train/chain racing is about the dumbest form of auto racing I've ever seen.  I love it!  I'd pay $$$ to see that sort of race.  The trailer racing could be as cool if the rules would stipulate that all trailers were of the same class.  For example, an empty jet ski trailer should not be in the same class as a mostly stock travel trailer. 

Cheers,

Grog

On April 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Mark Gregory said:

Not sure if that's genius or just plain nuts! Entertaining to watch though!

Posted (edited)

On 07/04/2017 at 1:06 AM, victorialynn2 said:

Entertaining to watch though!

YOU BETCHA! :D

I don't have pictures but... attended an Endurance Race Night near London, Ontario several years back and during half time, they held a "Run What You Brung" event.

The rules were no specific class and they allowed two vehicles (trucks or cars) to start side by side for two laps only and the first one across the finish line won 50 bucks! 

Can't recall what the other car was but one was what appeared to be Mom's "new" Chevy sedan on the inside lane.

The flag goes down and the tires start squealing and turn one comes up! The Chevy starts a four wheel drift up the ever so slight asphalt bank and almost smacks the rails!! The car regains control and still ahead, races down the back stretch and again slides to the top but didn't quite hit. Now the other car is almost up to this obviously inexperienced driver so coming across the start finish line we hear the engine in this obvious stock car just a screaming! 

This time his luck ran out on turn one and not only hit the guard rails with sheet metal complaining profusely but seemed to stall and he coasted down the turn to the lower rail while the other car passed, just missing a collision, and after stopping the guy gets out, walks into the infield and disappears.

The other car crossed the finish line to win and when it stopped after a victory lap to get the 50 bucks, turns out it was a 16 year old girl in what can only be described as a Junk Yard Rescue. Yea for her! :)

Just before the second half of the Endurance run began, the Announcer came on to say that the Chevy owner had disappeared from the property and the car he was driving had just been reported stolen from a local Dealership Lot earlier that evening!

Had I not heard it with my own ears I would not have believed it! 

Edited by dei (see edit history)
2 people like this