2017 Forum breakfast preference

JohnD1956

Time frame preference  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your first preference for the 2017 Forum breakfast

• Breakfast between 6:30-8:30am
    • Lunch between 11am-1pm
    • Happy Hour between 4-6pm

The Forum breakfast is usually held on the Friday of the meet.  The location of the breakfast will be dependent on the time frame preference.  But keep in mind that Fridays usually encompasses the BOD meeting in the AM, and the judges training in the PM. 

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

While not listed in the addendum of the Meet, as noted in the April Bugle, there is running of antique race cars at the historic Milwaukee Mile Race Track on Friday and Saturday.  I plan to be there Friday afternoon, so my preference is Friday AM and hopefully we can get space at the host hotel, as I think breakfast is free for guests of that hotel, but I will have to check in my file.  Can we work out something there and maybe som eone can ask the BOD to shift to 10 AM start??

John 

• 1 month later...

ttt

Breakfast and Happy Hour are neck and neck.  If it makes any difference, there is a Hooters which appears to be not too far away.  But honestly, if it's only going to be 6 people in either situation then with no real favorable time frame How about some cocktails in the hotel bar at 9 PM Friday evening?  And is there interest in a flea market swap this year?

On 25/05/2017 at 11:22 PM, BUICK RACER said:

Got to think outside the box, where do you get the most out of a National Meet? Not in a restaurant? or a bar, on the showfield! Let's ,meet at the oldest Buick there and go from there! "just a thought" RV

What if there's 2 of the same year ?

10 hours ago, Brian_Heil said:

And they aren't allowed to park together . . . . :P

Well, then, to the oldest driven to the meet! Or to the oldest the farthest away in the showfield, and BYOB and maybe Wed, Thurs and Friday evening, BYOC, chairs and pick up after ourselves, Rides in Brian's car!!! Just like 2002, but there's no buffalo to move! 

10 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

Well, then, to the oldest driven to the meet! Or to the oldest the farthest away in the showfield, and BYOB and maybe Wed, Thurs and Friday evening, BYOC, chairs and pick up after ourselves, Rides in Brian's car!!! Just like 2002, but there's no buffalo to move! 

That was no Buffalo, that was my Brother Bob who joined me in 2002.

If all the oldest Buicks were parked together would you really want to have breakfast with the people whom couldn't find the group next to one of the cars?  I think I would share little with one having that level of perception.

"Excuse me, where is the forum group?"

"Those 20 people standing by the red '04."

"Oh, I would have thought I had to go to the blue "04 with no one standing by it."

"Wait, I have a T shirt for you."

Where's the shake your head emoticon?

Bernie

• Like 1

I like Roberta's plan. Oldest car on the show field Thursday evening after the general membership meeting. Bring your own beverage and chair. Bring gift if you want to participate in the Annual flea market swap. 

Ok?

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, BUICK RACER said:

Got to think outside the box, where do you get the most out of a National Meet? Not in a restaurant? or a bar, on the showfield! Let's ,meet at the oldest Buick there and go from there! "just a thought" RV

Now here is a thought.  We could all meet at my truck with the new top and I can put the tailgate down and we could have a tail gate party.  :rolleyes:

1915 Buick with new top left.jpg

1915 Buick with new top right.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Now here is a thought.  We could all meet at my truck with the new top and I can put the tailgate down and we could have a tail gate party.  :rolleyes:

1915 Buick with new top left.jpg

1915 Buick with new top right.jpg

Since multiple 1908 Buicks are registered for the meet, Larry's alternative is an excellent idea.

Its Thursday evening after the General Membership Meeting John. 

I know breakfast is ahead in the poll but that does not take into account the physical limitations to finding an adequate place to have the breakfast. 

• Like 3

I called the hotel to see if a reservation could be made for the AACA Forum Group of 12 for Friday morning.  They said no reservation was necessary for such a group ordeering off the menu.  However, I left a message for the restaurant to call and confirm that a large table can be reserved for us. 

Stay tuned....

Well, I had hoped to avoid putting this on a public forum.  But, in order to explain:

Before I called the hotel (like Mark did), I happened to look at the hotel reviews online.  They were not that great.  Worse, the manager acknowledged the veracity of the poor reviews both online, and when I spoke to her directly.  Therefore, I could not in good conscience book us for a breakfast at the hotel.  Then I looked at Google maps for the area around the hotel and found a potential place for breakfast but it was a bit of a drive, and I need to be back for the 8 AM Board of Directors meeting.  So I had to discount that place.  Without further personal knowledge of the area, Roberta's plan sounded unique and do-able without too much interference with other Meet activities. 

I apologize to all for the confusion here. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

I never got a return call from the hotel restaurant. 

So I agree that maybe we should get someone to pick up breakfast burritos or McDonalds breakfasts to eat at Larry's Buick Truck...

Nope Mark, we are meeting on Thursday evening after the General Membership meeting at the oldest car there, Tailgate at Larry's truck.Unless in climate weather then inside somewhere! Your room!! LOL!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, JohnD1956 said:

I like Roberta's plan. Oldest car on the show field Thursday evening after the general membership meeting. Bring your own beverage and chair. Bring gift if you want to participate in the Annual flea market swap. 

Ok?

I like it.

I can definitely attend that way, plus, I'm sure I'll need a drink by that point......

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:00 AM, BUICK RACER said:

Nope Mark, we are meeting on Thursday evening after the General Membership meeting at the oldest car there, Tailgate at Larry's truck.Unless in climate weather then inside somewhere! Your room!! LOL!

Now I really wish I was going to be there.

Our tailgate parties all ended up like this the next morning.

a117.jpg

• Like 5