2017 Forum Breakfast

Mudbone

If there is interest...that's funny. It's one of the highlights of a meet. Breakfast at happy hour is about the right speed for the crew that shows up. Of course, I'm uncertain right now as to whether I will be in Wisconsin or not...sigh. 

31 minutes ago, Thriller said:

Of course, I'm uncertain right now as to whether I will be in Wisconsin or not...

We understand.  apparently there is little challenge to your family bringing five cars this close to home, right?  :lol:

• Like 1

So, as of this writing there appears to be 6 interested in a happy hour, and one person for breakfast and lunch each. It may pay to go way informal this year and just catchup at a local bar one nite?  maybe the pizza in the parking lot with byo beverage?

• Like 1

JD, without knowing what other things are going on besides what is already published this is not an easy decision, especially for the incoming BOD that won't know for awhile it they have been elected. As much as the Forum get together is more of the way things should be, the tours deter from fellowship on the show field and in the swap meet with the cars which is ultimately the reason we get together, but that has been lost in the last 20 years, tours should be limited to mornings or on your own with maps and discounts, Swap meet vendors are really incurring the loss of customers cause they are all out on bus tours for most of the day during the meet! Just my thoughts, but heard from many vendors. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

JD, without knowing what other things are going on besides what is already published this is not an easy decision, especially for the incoming BOD that won't know for awhile it they have been elected. As much as the Forum get together is more of the way things should be, the tours deter from fellowship on the show field and in the swap meet with the cars which is ultimately the reason we get together, but that has been lost in the last 20 years, tours should be limited to mornings or on your own with maps and discounts, Swap meet vendors are really incurring the loss of customers cause they are all out on bus tours for most of the day during the meet! Just my thoughts, but heard from many vendors. 

Boy, howdy! I agree,for what its worth.  

Ben

• Like 1

I showed my Wife a Google map from Rochester NY to Brookfield, then north to Saute Ste Marie, around Georgian Bay, and home through the back roads of Ontario. Google says 29 hours to drive. I told her I could do it in 8 or 9 days with 2 at the meet. I know she'd like the Forum get together. We'd be into the casual breakfast or show gathering. She looked positive about the trip in the '60 Electra, about 1700 miles.

Imagine, any of you memorable TV fans, this would be like meeting Mrs. Columbo.

Bernie

• Like 2

My wife and I are debating driving from home down around the bottom of the lake where there is always traffic jams and through the toll heavy over congested Chicago freeways to Brookfield or north to the bridge and make a left turn down and over to Brookfield which is a scenic routh.  A little bit longer to the bridge and down but a lot less stress than the Chicago mess.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am known for the extended routes. We might over shoot Chicago and ride along the Mississippi with a swing in through Madison. I did that back in the mid-1990's in the opposite direction. It was one of the major flood years and there were some pretty impressive views. And there was a neat old car museum in Galena that might still be there.

There is a good chance we will be on RT 24 for a bit of the trip. That's the field, hedge row, water tower, field hedgerow, water tower, etc., etc. road. Anyone remember a car lot that might have been called 421 Used Cars? They had some old stuff around, a Caddy convert and a Panhard Levassor in a shed. It was near a truck camper conversion plant. I'd be looking for it. Might dig up a picture later.

Bernie