90 Reatta convertable finned part in front of radiator

Guest loupet

Guest loupet

Hello everyone, I have a question on a part that is finned. It`s mounted in front of the radiator more so on the driver side. It`s about 12 to16" long and about 3" high and the fins are about 1" thick. It has a metal tubing going threw the fins and sticks out on the left and the right sides and connected to a rubber hose The hose is factory clamped where the tubing and rubber hose meet. Don`t know if it`s a pressure hose(I think it is) or not. I can`t tell if it`s part of the transmission cooling system or part of the ac system. It`s very rusty and doesn`t look like it can be functioning properly given the amount of rust on it. Hope someone can tell me what it`s function is.  Thanks

27 minutes ago, 89RedDarkGrey said:

Well- if you must have a 30 year old crusty OEM part- I'm sure there are a few Vendors here who'd sell you one.

In other parts of the country we don't have issues with the power steering coolers rusting out. We have about 30 of these sitting in a box. All rust free and all the correct Reatta part. Yes, that means no zip-ties or coat hangers required to mount it. 

• Like 1