Buick Gardens has a visitor

MrEarl

and it will never be the same. Good ol' Dandy Dave paid us an overnight visit and fun was had by all. His visit could not have come at a better time as I was making my last haul of parts from the barn find purchase. So I guess you could call it a working vacation. But it sure made the task of loading and unloading engines and transmissions and doors and fenders much more fun not to mention easier on this old mans back. Plus I think he has unloaded a few engines in his lifetime. 

No pictures of us working but here are a few of the good times. This guy is a hoot and has a lot of knowledge stored in that head of his. Rita and I enjoyed his stay immensely. Oh and the Cap'n was there also.

IMG_4011.JPG

Sweet Reet and Dandy Dave "just a swingin" out by Buick Pond

IMG_4013.JPG

This guy is the first visitor ever to Buick Gardens to know what these two things were. Anybody else know?

IMG_4024.JPG

We're saying "Cheers" to all the BCA Forum members here. "CHEERS" . And I think this is when I exclaimed   "It ain't heaven, but it'll do til we get there"

IMG_4020.JPG

Rita just kept sayin "this guy is funny" "this guy is a genius"  "I love this guy" !!!!

IMG_4031.JPG

WATCH THE UPHOLSTERY SON, watch the upholstery!!!!!

IMG_4038.JPG

Elvis like him too, but I didn't get any shots of him with DD. Maybe Dave did.

IMG_4040.JPG

Dave explained to me the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee... a "yankee" is sombody from up nawth. A "damn yankee" is somebody from up nawth who stays. Thanks for the good times and help Dave, have a good flight back to New Yawk.  :lol:

• Like 18

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

This guy is the first visitor ever to Buick Gardens to know what these two things were. Anybody else know?

IMG_4024.JPG

Hog oilers. Hee Hee Hee. You guys look like my kinda guys....................Bob

• Like 3

Correct Bob, hog Ball oilers. Or is it Ball hog oilers, I can never get that straight.  ahh heck Google it. Fill them with burnt motor oil (the best was from Buicks (keeping this Buick related) and the hogs would rub up against them and the oil wo uld kill the lice 

https://www.google.com/patents/US1295115

15 hours ago, MrEarl said:

and it will never be the same. Good ol' Dandy Dave paid us an overnight visit and fun was had by all. His visit could not have come at a better time as I was making my last haul of parts from the barn find purchase. So I guess you could call it a working vacation. But it sure made the task of loading and unloading engines and transmissions and doors and fenders much more fun not to mention easier on this old mans back. Plus I think he has unloaded a few engines in his lifetime. 

No pictures of us working but here are a few of the good times. This guy is a hoot and has a lot of knowledge stored in that head of his. Rita and I enjoyed his stay immensely. Oh and the Cap'n was there also.

IMG_4020.JPG

Rita just kept sayin "this guy is funny" "this guy is a genius"  "I love this guy" !!!!

WATCH THE UPHOLSTERY SON, watch the upholstery!!!!!

Elvis like him too, but I didn't get any shots of him with DD. Maybe Dave did.

Dave explained to me the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee... a "yankee" is sombody from up nawth. A "damn yankee" is somebody from up nawth who stays. Thanks for the good times and help Dave, have a good flight back to New Yawk.  :lol:

I dunno it looks to me like...... "They're drinking thinking that they, got it made"

This is a real classic pic. Bugle material!

Hey Dandy those are some patriotic sandals.

• Like 5

Mr.Earl, is that cigar gettin' ready to add some "ash" flavor to that beverage??  Or has it already?  Dandy Dave's got it "right", angled AWAY from the glass, at least while there's liquid in the glass.

Enjoy to the limit of your tolerance, today's and tomorrow's!  But y'all probably did that TOO!

NTX5467

• Like 3

I'll have AlI Y'all know that I was up to watch the sunrise over Buick Gardens the next morning but Mr. Earl was nowhere to be found till the sun was well up. Elvis is fine company while your drinking coffee in the morning. LOL.. Yep. Sur nuf was a good time. Do believe I'll be coming back sometime. Wondering why I did not just stay as It was 24F here this morning. Could have helped Mr. Earl get some of them cars cleaned up and ready to run. They calling for snow up here tonight and tomorrow. Patriotic Sandals are Birkenstocks but looks like I'll have to put them away for a bit. That Aeroplane ride in that big Shinny Kerosene Burning Jet was fine also. We Sur nuff had fun moving parts and getting dirty. I must say, I do believe that Mr. Earl should be know as Colonel Earl as he and Reet had nothing but the best Southern Hospitality a yankee could ever hope for. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 11

That MUST have been an awesome sight seeing the sun RISE over Buick Gardens!!  Sunrises are neat anyway, seeing the colors of the clouds change as the sun angle changes.  Plus seeing the shadow angles change on the multitude of vegetation and Buick Hood Ornaments as the sun's sky location changed!  Dang'd neat!

Glad y'all had an enjoyable trip!  Might call it "A DANDY Trip"?

NTX5467

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, NTX5467 said:

That MUST have been an awesome sight seeing the sun RISE over Buick Gardens!!  Sunrises are neat anyway, seeing the colors of the clouds change as the sun angle changes.  Plus seeing the shadow angles change on the multitude of vegetation and Buick Hood Ornaments as the sun's sky location changed!  Dang'd neat!

Glad y'all had an enjoyable trip!  Might call it "A DANDY Trip"?

NTX5467

Yep, Sure nuff was a DANDY trip hangin with Colonel Earl and Sweet Reet. Hee hee heeeee. Dandy Dave!

• Like 3