A New Roof

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a story about that area that has been cut out?  There are a few jobs that I just wouldn't want and one of these is a roofer. Here in Oklahoma there's a lot of asphalt shingle roofs being converted to metal.  They look pretty good when they are well trimmed. I've heard that insurance companies will give a break on costs.  That's probably localized to this area where high winds and big hail are common.

I once had a dog and I'm sure she was fascinated with my roof.  It's all she ever talked about.

• Like 2

The patch in the roof was overkill.....I think they had a piece of decking that size so they cut the roof to fit the wood they had.

When I had the metal roof part added to the shop, the fellow that did it pointed out there was a dip in the roof at that point, he looked at it and found evidence of nail holes that had not been filled.

He filled the nail holes........I never had water inside and if you look closely the rafters have no signs of water damage....the damage area was about 10" in diameter, but this crew did an super job on the roof.

• Like 1