Wireless turn signals?

amphigill

OK, well, it's certainly doable using, say, 1 or 2 microcontrollers like Arduino and wireless modules. BUUUUT, you would still have to do wiring mods/relays/drivers in the trunk and under the hood, plus additional wiring if you want the original dash indicators to function. In the end, I think the cost would not be worth it as opposed to just running the wires. But is is a cool idea, if a way could be found to bring the cost down somehow and still save significant time on the install.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

There are many wireless turn signals (rear) for bicycles.  All are self contained.  Do a Google search and you will find many or visit your nearby bike shop.  While not perfect, they are better than nothing at all.  Today's drivers no nothing of hand signals, they just wave back.  

These were on the market a few years ago http://smartsignals.com/tech/iot/ (scroll down the page to the SmartSignals section).

Even though they are still listed on the vendors website it appears they initially made one or two production runs and then stopped production.

I like the concept of these being self powered and these being able to be moved from vehicle to vehicle.  I am trying to convince my son to build a prototype blue-tooth wireless turn signal setup controlled via a mobile app for his senior high science project.

• Like 1