WTB steering gear 1931 Chrysler

Hello

Thanks for the answer.

I do not know how it looks  because I have not bought the car yet.

I want to buy this car : http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=239559371&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&scopeId=C&minFirstRegistrationDate=1930-01-01&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1935-12-31&makeModelVariant1.makeId=5700&pageNumber=1

but it has the right drive and I want to move the steering wheel on the left.

The owner says it is the first registration in 01/1932, so I think it's year 1931 production.

But more I do not know,  maybe you know more.

Thanks

Manuel

5 hours ago, Manuel63 said:

but it has the right drive and I want to move the steering wheel on the left.

You will need more than just a steering box:

You need some front suspension parts like both LHD spindles and the LHD drag link.

Most early Mopars had the clutch/brake pedals attaching from the bell housing, but I know the 31 Plymouth had a pedal mount bracket bolted to side frame, that is not on the bell housing.  Either way, you will need the correct pedal parts.

It would be best if you locate someone with a complete parts chassis that would have all the parts, before buying the car.

You should contact Walter Miller Auto Literature, to get a "Chassis lubrication chart" for a 31 Chrysler model.   These are in an owners manual, and they also were in charts made for service garages.  I am sure he would have one.

here is one for a Plymouth, to show you what can be seen in these charts:

482223-1377871752-ad095d1b94227c30498198173a3e5e1c.jpg

22 minutes ago, vintchry said:
  • I have the front axle and spindles, tie rod end and bell housing for your conversion. Harold in Canada has a 3rd series steering column. Rob

Just asking to clarify my non-knowledge of the Chryslers, compared to Ply,DeS, that I have had.. 

So, are the pedals attached as part of the bell housing on that 31 Chrysler?     After I wrote about the 31 Plymouth having pedals mounted from the side framerail, I recalled it must have been that way on the Floating Power setup used on Plymouths.  On those, the engine rocked diagonally, and the pedals cannot be mounted to the Bell.

Hello

Thank you very much for all the answers.
It seems to be more complicated than I thought.
I think I abandoned this idea, and looking for a Chrysler CD convertible 1931-1932-1933 with left hand drive.

Thank you

Best regards

Manuel

As Rob indicated, I have a Deluxe Series CD8 steering column and box c/w pitman arm&nut in excellent condition, has 1.75" dia jacket  if anyone needs one. Based on pattern of gauges in dash(in a crescent pattern), this is a CDDeluxe car, very nice. I purchased steering assembly here for $US250. 

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

For F&J, Yes the clutch/brake pedals are mounted on a common clutch /throw out bearing shaft and sleeve. the brake pedal rides on the sleeve, the clutch is keyed onto the throw out shaft and has and adjustable collar that also is keyed to the throw out bearing shaft. Chrysler also has the floating power (as does the Plymouth) but in 8 cylinder form has much less vibration and shaking. Manuel, you may have better luck converting to LH drive than finding and open CD series car, they seldom come up for sale. 24Chry48 also has a complete front axle (LH Drive) so really if you're willing to put in the work it is all available. Rob