Is this an International Harvester Hood ornament or Grille Emblem?

Glad I could help. I grew up in far west Texas and every farmer seemed to have a couple of old Internationals that would come out of hiding at harvest time. Also a lot of the school districts used International busses. They had to run many miles every day on very bad roads and they were more heavy duty than the Fords and Chevys. So if you are 40 miles from town with kids on board it was necessary to have a dependable bus. No cell phones back then to even call for help. Here is a picture of an Bluebird bodied bus using the International drive components.International Harvester School Bus.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. That is cool. Had no idea about the IH school buses. :) Good thing for those heavy duty International Harvesters. Those kids woulda had to walk way too far to make it to school in the mud at that. Yick! lol

Appreciate it,

Jamie Lee

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Sorry I can not give you an answer. it looks like IH and probably from the  1965 to around 1990. But International built so many machines, from trucks to tractors, and various  farm and industrial equipment, it is going to be very hard to narrow down much further. You may want to start a new thread in the " What Is It" section to see if anyone there knows. This is a 4 year old thread and it is unlikely will be viewing it here. Good luck on your hunt.