1939 Buick Special 40 - all original - $9,400

Guest Jim Krenik

Guest Jim Krenik

I bought this all original 39 Model 40 last summer.  I drove it 150 miles home and other than the brakes pulling hard right and adding 3.5 gallons of water, it made the trip fine at round 55-60MPH.

Everything on the car indicates that it is 100% original.  The mohair interior is in good condition with some fraying on the welting around the doors.  Doors open and close like new.  The Arctic Grey color matches the firewall plaque and is in good condition.  There is a round area of paint missing behind the front license which is the size of a silver dollar. It has one fog lamp and a backup light.  All exterior lights work.  None of the interior, including dash, are working. All chrome is near perfect (no dents).  The stone guards are not installed, but I have them. The car has stream boards, not running boards. All original manuals and a lot of paperwork from previous owners.

I have replaced the front brakes, including cylinders and all hoses, including heater.  I also put on a new water pump and there are no leaks.

This car is a good bet for someone who wants to recreate an original Buick.  No one has messed it up yet. 

I set the price close to what I paid, but not covering all I have invested.  If you do not think it is fair, I will not be upset if you make another offer.

The car will be available to see around May 10th, as I am not in Minnesota right now.  Please feel free to call or text me @ 612-850-2472 - Jim

39 Buick Overall 01.JPG

39 Buick Overall 02.JPG

39 Buick Interior 01.JPG

39 Buick Motor 01.JPG

39 Buick Interior 08.JPG

39 Buick Speedo 01.JPG

39 Buick Misc 01.JPG