1969 Challenger

Kro-Pro

Kro-Pro, I suggest you google    Dodge Challenger 1970   Then click on images.

Skyking , the 'beefed up ones '  are a Hellcat.  I believe it is the quickest production car to come out of a US factory. 707 HP 650 twist .  VERY serious !

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Frantz said:

The new challenger looks great until it's parked next to an original E body, then it looks like the same car after 40 years of beer and potato chips.

The retro look is what they were trying to achieve.   Along with the Mustang and Camero.  They were all good looking then and they are good looking now.   Which one you like the best............. Well that is a blond brunette thing .

But right now in a stock form, I think the Dodge is the quickest.  Hey, I am a Corvette guy 

• Like 1

just love the new Challenges,  even a V6 would shoot me fine!  My wife says I'm too old to have one of them......:ph34r:

I bought my first Vette when I was 68 .  Treat your self , we only go around one time.   My wife rolled her eyes too, then she drove it , she said  "I really like our

new car.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skyking said:

I just love the new Challenges,  even a V6 would shoot me fine!  My wife says I'm too old to have one of them......:ph34r:

Never too old.  My wife has the Synergy Green Camaro(and Corvette) with everything except a big engine.  Has a V6 and it is more than enough engine for everything except racing and she/we do not race.  She loves that car.  I just play with trucks.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've owned 2 classic Challengers, both 1970 models.

The first was my first car (father-son resto project) that is still in the family, the second came along later with the intentions of building a 440+6 R/T clone. Sadly the second was just too far gone to save (at the time) and it ended up donating its roof structure so a real R/T that had a tree land on it could live.

Wonderful cars with lots of clever engineering touches that really set them apart from other vehicles from the period. Parts availability has improved but still nowhere near that of GM and Ford. Sadly, most Mopar guys are firm believers in one of George Carlin's famous quotes.... "Your stuff is s**t, and their s**t is stuff". Too many years of bad dealings with vendors and individuals selling perfumed junk at astronomical prices really soured me on vintage Mopars. Out of a half dozen only one remains in the stable.... my original 1970... waiting for its turn to be finished now 20 years later.

Well... that one and one more :)

Scat Pack.jpg

• Like 1