Correct silver interior on a 63 Riv?

cjp69

58 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

Would a silver vinyl interior (code 726) have black door panels, or silver door panels?

63 Riv silver interior.jpg

63 Riv tag.jpg

The 726 interior should be a standard interior with silver door panels. I have a picture of mine attached. Someone changed yours to black deluxe door and rear quarter panels.

58d1488dabe3e_Riv7.thumb.jpg.6905d3f85d037779e83180a39cd367a2.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

Thanks for the help guys, I had suspected the door panels had been changed. 

Not my car, just one that is on CL that a friend asked me about. 

To get the correct door and quarter panels should not be hard. If he likes the deluxe interior door panel look he could easily dye the black panels silver. There are several good vinyl dyes out there. I have used a silver vinyl dye with great success on my car. If he likes the car, the fact that the door panels have been switched out could be a bargaining chip in his favor.

1 hour ago, PWB said:

Well, this '63 deluxe silver just dropped to $25,500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382011036901?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

The 726 is the standard interior with silver vinyl. That car has the 728 which is the deluxe interior with silver leather. 63 was the only year for leather, so that is a pretty rare combination. Nice car, no air though.

45 minutes ago, Riviera63 said:

Nice car, no air though.

It looks like it "was" there, the vents and hoses are in place, but NO compressor?

13 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

What is "mostly all original"?

Maybe because it is missing the A/C compressor? Not "all original" because of that missing, so it is "mostly"?

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)

Saw this car on CL. I like the body and the silver interior. But at that price i would want it to be correct and complete. The interior seat covers look to be redone in a less than professional maner to me. The mismatching interior panels could be of concern at that price. It has a 64 steering wheel and the wrong air cleaner as well. Missing AC compressor, what will that cost to replace ? and charge and check the hoses for integrity ?   Seems to me that the door handles are needing adjustment as they do not sit level. The rear bumper is twisted on the drivers side and the hood point looks to be bent down. Lastly from the pics the undercarriage seems to have been done cheaply.  

Just me or does anyone else see this ?

Edited by still looking (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There are a lot of little things to correct on this car.  It looks like the stainless piece is missing where the carpet meets the console on the drivers side. The outside mirror is wrong and I doubt the antenna is correct.  It looks to be a solid car but you would have to spend some money if you wanted it to be 100% correct.  The silver on silver is a desirable color combo but this car just has a quick flip for profit look to it. 

• Like 1

This thread has gotten a little confusing, I can't tell if all of the comments are about the car I posted the question about, or the car this is/was listed on ebay.  Please post feedback/criticism in this thread on the this car only, and not the ebay car. 

Thanks, Chris

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6050389700.html

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, still looking said:

But at that price i would want it to be correct and complete.

At any price correct and complete are important. That counts if you are going to sell a car. I you don't intend to sell it is fair game to do whatever you want. Just remember, no whining when the guy calls on your Craigslist ad and asks if you still have the correct... wheels, seats, engine, whatever.

I still like the appraisal of a Bentley with a Rolls-Royce grille. It sums it up nicely. "Bentley, missing grille."

If it ain't right it ain't there.

Bernie

• Like 1

Chris,

Any chance of getting a picture of the Fisher Body plate?  That would help sort out a couple of things.  Was the interior black and someone changed it to silver or was the interior silver and someone changed the door panels to black?

Ed

20 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Chris,

Any chance of getting a picture of the Fisher Body plate?  That would help sort out a couple of things.  Was the interior black and someone changed it to silver or was the interior silver and someone changed the door panels to black?

Ed

Picture posted in my first post.  Was Silver standard interior, door panels changed to black deluxe. 

5 hours ago, cjp69 said:

This thread has gotten a little confusing, I can't tell if all of the comments are about the car I posted the question about, or the car this is/was listed on ebay.  Please post feedback/criticism in this thread on the this car only, and not the ebay car. 

Thanks, Chris

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6050389700.html

I apologize. I just wanted to provide an alternative (much better interior IMO) silver car for your friend. And the price did just drop. Dealer price point killer.

The Phily interior is scary to me. :o And can cost a bundle to re-do. Best of luck to your friends search.

Guest 19Silver63

That ebay car has a th400 shift pattern, but the description said it had a dynaflow. Anyone who buys that is a sucker. I bet it's a 64 with 63 front clip.

It's a 63 for sure. Placement of headlight and wiper switches on console, heater a/c controls under the dash pad, BUICK on three trunk, correct 63 hood ornament, Riviera in emblems on door panel (64 had the large R in the emblem), heater and a/c switches on inner fender.  The only thing not 63 is the color of the air cleaner, should be red, and the shifter lens, which is lying on top of the console, the lens should be black. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)