I feel like I just want to put it out of it's misery!

auburnseeker

What were they thinking or not thinking? .  Did anyone step back and look at this when they were putting it all together.  Maybe that's what happens when you put a project car together from pieces (being from many different cars) in a small one car garage where you never get more than 5 feet away from it without running into the wall.  Then you roll it out in the driveway and go umm,  yeah, that didn't come out quite right.   Maybe they were building the truck version of Johnny Cash's song one piece at a time?

1950-REO-SPEEDWAGON-2-DOOR-TRUCK

I bet there's a part there somewhere that fits my car.....or your car......or his car..... or her car, ....or your brother's car..............:blink:

It's different, and I've seen worse.  Since this is the AACA Forum and not the H.A.M.B., I would expect that most who browse this forum would not like it.  Like, or dislike, it's O.K. with me.

Cheers,

Grog

Seller says it is "rare". At least we have that to be thankful for!

Proof of the fact that "rare" does not always translate to "valuable".

Seller says it runs and stops but did not bother to remove it from the dollies he used to roll it out of the garage. I wouldn't count on driving it very far.

Don

• Like 2

21 hours ago, capngrog said:

It's different, and I've seen worse.  Since this is the AACA Forum and not the H.A.M.B., I would expect that most who browse this forum would not like it.  Like, or dislike, it's O.K. with me.

Cheers,

Grog

Share the same opinion, Grog.  To each his own.

The responses so far remind me of someone buying a house next door to the respondents and they sit there critiquing  the new neighbor's furniture, car they drive, and so on...  Bottom line the vehicle made someone proud along the line.

1 hour ago, cahartley said:

I'm way more interested in what they are going to do that Studebaker....... :wacko:

Studebaker is available, someone should grab it. Regarding the Studebaker and whether it will be for sale soon the seller says, "YES IT WILL 1951 BSN.COUPE I WOULD SELL IT RIGHT NOW FOR 4,000 .. JUST STARTED WORKING ON IT."

• Like 1

Wow I wonder if they used a broom or loose nap roller on the paint with very thick tar type mix?

If they sprayed it they need to invest in something better than a pesticide sprayer or something finer than 10 grit sandpaper. 

1 1/4" stucco roller................

• Like 1

Guest Skyking
7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Here is a stock image of a 48 which I would assume is pretty similar. 

Image result for 1950 reo speedwagon

Maybe that was the truck before he started?