Very unhappy with a vendor

Tom_Overfield

Hi Folks,

i want to share with you my most recent experiences with a long time vendor here.  Over the past 30 years I have purchased nearly 100% of the parts needed for my 41 Continental restoration from this vendor.   If they sold it, I bought it, from the wiring, all of the rubber products ordered, hardware, everything 100% from this vendor.   Here is the time line of what occurred.....

1-27-17 I placed an order for several misc rubber items along with two lower radiator hoses. Parts arrived promptly but hoses were too short.

Shortly after the delivery, I called, spoke with the owner, said he would send the correct hoses, asked for the wrong one to be shipped        

which I did the following day. 

2-21-17. No hoses, called and an employee said he would ship.

2-27-17. No hoses,  called again, same employee said he would ship.

3-3-17.  No hoses, I called and requested a credit to my Visa account for the cost, plus shipping.

3-13-17. No credit to my Visa account posted.

3-14-17 called and spoke with owner, said he shipped hoses to me the day before.

3-20-17. No hoses, called and once again requested a credit to my Visa.  I will give it until this Friday to see if that account has indeed been 

credited, but I have serious doubts at this point.

It should be noted that all conversations on both ends have been polite and couterious in all respects.

These hoses have now cost me just over $ 41.00,  including my shipping the incorrect hoses back.  This amount will not break me or make me, but I just am incredibly dissapointed in the vendor.   Needless to say, they have lost my business forever.  Boos- Herrel will get all of my business from now on.

Tom

Edited by Tom_Overfield
Easier to follow timeline (see edit history)

Boos-Herrel are really great to deal with and they have most of the impossible parts you'll ever need.  They have an online catalogue including factory drawings of almost everything.

Alan Whelihan is another dependable vendor who I have used often for other hard to find parts.

Earle Brown Jr, the crown jewel of vendors, his items are pristine always.

happy hunting 

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Tom it sounds like you ordered hoses from the same vendor that I did. I did actually recieve them along with the wiring harness after 2 months and several calls.  The harness was fine but the hoses looked like they were cut from a random hose with an axe plus they had no script. Almost $100 worth of worthless hoses.  I called them and they told me no one made the correct hoses for these V12 s but I knew better. I called Chris Herrel and his were perfect.  

I understand your frustration Ken, they did finally get around to crediting my Visa though. I really don't understand what the big deal is about the hoses, just buy the hose stock, cut to 8 inches and sell.  Chris is always great to deal with and his parts always fit.

Tom