Custom door panel "veneers"

Black River

Hi, just thought I'd share some pics of the "woodgrain" panels I made for my 63's doors.  I used lexan to make them and a buddy of mine does hydro dipping, so we came up with a custom red burlwood pattern to match my red leather.  Just thought I'd share some pics to give some other ideas to options for them.

Lucas

woodgrain.png

woodgrain1.png

woodgrain2.png

• Like 1

OK Lucas: Very very sharp. Now....to get the rest of an old interior to match the elegance of these!  I have  a 65 Riv, custom, and the interior will be transformed into a factory pattern with all leather, cut pile carpets and some sort of classy material for a headliner.  It's really difficult to improve on the factory set-up.

I would have loved to see the 63 Riv Silver Arrow interior in other colors as silver ...just doesn't do it for me.   Mitch

Yeah, this one is a little bit "much" for me, but I'm going to be changing the red armrests to black.  I've got a leatherette kit for the console coming, and I've done a black leather dash and rear package tray already.  The previous owner was a man of questionable taste.......

interior1.png

interior2.png

I believe its 1/8", but not 100% sure, was just some stuff I had hanging around in the garage.  It sticks out slightly farther than stock, but nothing noticeable after you remove all the old veneer and adhesive.  I'm going to stick them on tonight if I get a couple other things done on the car.

• 1 month later...