Patrick De

The right car for Peking to Paris 2019 Rally?

Marv might have one.  mribbich@wi.rr.com . I know it is a long shot , but he does have fenders. But post everywhere. Hey , shoot Dave an email.   dave@dodgecityvintage.com . He is also an old school racer and engine builder , son of an old school racer and engine builder. Your beauty will steal his heart away ! Great guy to talk with on the phone , too. I am sure he , and the other guys here will be happy to help you as much as possible. Earlier style fenders , ('33 was a major design change in fenders - many cars started "wearing pants" - lucky your fenders don't IMHO) , more open in front , and with just a hint of cycle fender influence would give your gorgeous roadster a more "LeMans" look. Play around the design table. You are on schedule. There is time. Think about the fenders , and retro-fitting a more archaic light bar with large , period apropriate headlights incorporating more modern illumination technology. What fun Patrick ! Car guy that you are , you must be about as excited as a middle aged man can be ! Hey , I'm an old man , way past bedtime , so thrilled about your fortunate find that I couldn't sleep without participating just a wee small bit. WOW ! Good going !  - Carl 

On 28-4-2017 at 10:06 AM, C Carl said:

Marv might have one.  mribbich@wi.rr.com . I know it is a long shot , but he does have fenders. But post everywhere. Hey , shoot Dave an email.   dave@dodgecityvintage.com . He is also an old school racer and engine builder , son of an old school racer and engine builder. Your beauty will steal his heart away ! Great guy to talk with on the phone , too. I am sure he , and the other guys here will be happy to help you as much as possible. Earlier style fenders , ('33 was a major design change in fenders - many cars started "wearing pants" - lucky your fenders don't IMHO) , more open in front , and with just a hint of cycle fender influence would give your gorgeous roadster a more "LeMans" look. Play around the design table. You are on schedule. There is time. Think about the fenders , and retro-fitting a more archaic light bar with large , period apropriate headlights incorporating more modern illumination technology. What fun Patrick ! Car guy that you are , you must be about as excited as a middle aged man can be ! Hey , I'm an old man , way past bedtime , so thrilled about your fortunate find that I couldn't sleep without participating just a wee small bit. WOW ! Good going !  - Carl 

Thanks for all that nice! We are really happy with our Dodge.

After some thoughts (and the advise from the previous owner, P2P participant), we will stick to our main goal to have low weight, so no second spare wheel, only a 2nd spare tyre.

Can you give me a picture with what you mean with "early style fenders, more open with a hint of cycle fender influence,... Le Mans look"?

I'm very much interested in seeing this. 

Also please the "more archaic light bar with large , period apropriate headlights"

Due to law restrictions in Belgian we are not so familiar with customising cars body wise, so no experience.

If somebody could do the job for us in your country, would be great.

We pay of course what has to be paid.

I am sure everybody here wishes you the same. Enjoy the experience from start to finish and even after that.