Sign in to follow this  
PWB

Exhaust Valve Spring?

Do I have this '67 outer spring on correctly? The reference image is not clear. :blink: Thank you

Spring.JPG

Untitled.png

Think its on right but the bend right where it contacts the main shaft looks like almost a 90 and I'm not sure it should be bent that way. Maybe just a different design spring. Probably doesn't much matter. My 66 is not like that and the pic in manual does not appear to be like that either.

Exhaust Heat Riser2.JPG

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Paul, there is a clearer picture of the spring in the chassis manual page 00-15

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

Paul, there is a clearer picture of the spring in the chassis manual page 00-15

Great I'll check it out. I found my spring partially disconnected. I guess its just a retainer for the main spring.

Tryin to get her ready for southeast regional.

Thank you much

• Like 1

Any Idea where to buy a replacement Bi-Metal Spring and retainer for the heat control valve ? 

I'm missing the complete stuff on my 1963 Riviera. Control valve has lost control !

Sorry to collar this thread.

Frank

3 hours ago, OldGerman said:

Any Idea where to buy a replacement Bi-Metal Spring and retainer for the heat control valve ? 

I'm missing the complete stuff on my 1963 Riviera. Control valve has lost control !

Sorry to collar this thread.

Frank

I don't see Buicks anywhere. You might be able to swap a '67 Corvette/Chevelle spring - easily available 60 bucks shown below.

It has 4 less bands but I'll bet there is a darn good chance it will function the same. The stop lip is the same as first gen.

The "retaining" spring doesn't do much retaining IMO. You could fabricate the retainer out of and old coil spring with a long arm.

And here is an inexpensive hi-temp grease source:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XE93E8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by PWB
Added grease (see edit history)