Sequence of Awards

My understanding is that except for attending the Grand National, a Senior car would be a "do not judge" at any other national meets in the same calendar year that it won its Senior. Is this correct?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mitch//pa said:

You can then do preservations ...

In the same calendar year that the Senior was won??? Don't think so......

Now I'm REALLY screwed up! :unsure: I just reread the judging guidelines, and it appears that I have confused the rules for Preservation with the rules for attending the Grand National Meet. If a car won its Senior in 2017, does that mean it cannot participate in the 2017 Grand National Meet?? ( page 3-26 of the Judging Guidelines) , but it CAN get a Preservation award in 2017, possibly at the very next national meet after winning the Senior?? If this is how it is, I fail to see the logic. (Not criticism, I just don't get it, which will come as no surprise to you once we meet) :wacko:  Since all restorations tend to go downhill with the passage of time, it would seem that these rules would be exactly opposite - a Preservation award would be more meaningful after the passage of time,  whereas a Grand National award would seem natural when the restoration was "fresher" and all of the cars at the meet  are at a very high level. Straighten me out!

You are reading correct.  Since you have won your Senior Award, as you continue to show in AACA Meets, you are eligible to win a Preservation Award.  You must only score a minimum of 350 points to receive the award.  This permits you to start touring and enjoying the car if you choose.  You can also strive for a higher level award, by maintaining/improving your car to receive a Grand National Award.  The Grand National is the only show with the requirement that you cannot enter a Grand National in the same year you win a Senior Award.  So, you can go for a Grand National award for next year (assuming you won you Senior this year), but continue to show in regular AACA National Meets and receive a Preservation Award.

Bring it to Charlotte in April for your Preservation.  Registration closes on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, 61polara said:

You are reading correct.  Since you have won your Senior Award, as you continue to show in AACA Meets, you are eligible to win a Preservation Award.  You must only score a minimum of 350 points to receive the award.  This permits you to start touring and enjoying the car if you choose.  You can also strive for a higher level award, by maintaining/improving your car to receive a Grand National Award.  The Grand National is the only show with the requirement that you cannot enter a Grand National in the same year you win a Senior Award.  So, you can go for a Grand National award for next year (assuming you won you Senior this year), but continue to show in regular AACA National Meets and receive a Preservation Award.

Bring it to Charlotte in April for your Preservation.  Registration closes on Tuesday.

Thanks very much for clarifying. Actually, I am registered for Charlotte and will try for the Senior there. Was trying to plan out the rest of the year. Thanks again.