1929 du Pont rolling chassis with Lycoming 8 sanfran CA craigslist

NOT MINE

GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A COACH BUILDER

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/6042802667.html

1929 du Pont rolling chassis - $8000 (oakland north / temescal)

To be offered at public auction on Sunday, March 19th, 2017:

Lot 7440: 1929 du Pont rolling chassis having a bull nose grille and a Lycoming straight eight cylinder engine, original

manual transmission together with associated misc. parts, possible competition car due to short wheel base (8" shorter than

normal production short wheel base) and louvered hood, lot also includes driving lamps.

Preview period: Friday March 17th 1pm to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday March 18th & 19th beginning at 9am.

Approximate auction time is Sunday, March 19th 2:30 pm.

Auction Location
Clars Auction Gallery
5644 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609
510-428-0100

00000_fVGnscE15q9_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_jHXI8EYkcEz_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_cO2EpuQzRNp_1200x900.jpg

More comments.   Of the top of my head,  Dupoint model G (which would have the Buffalo #5 wheels) would have a continental engine.  So this has been repowered.  Possibly an Auburn chassis with a DuPoint shell?   Dupont did have belly pans and it looks like that might be one hanging there.  Also, chassis may have been shortened.

At first I thought shortened chassis, Du Pont, straight-8: the 1930 Du Pont Indy Car. But that had a Continental 8 with manifolds on the r.s. It would be nice if they showed us the louvered hood, or finished their research and told us its history, but they sort of leave us having to trust them. You do get a free hub cap wrench on the  left rear wheel.