Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodneybeauchamp

Bracket for vacuum trunk release

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

looking for the bracket/ guard that attaches to the body when installing the remote vacuum trunk release on a 63 Riviera.

unfortunately it was missing when I purchased the unit and was unaware it was needed. Photo of shop manual shows a picture and the trunk lock chamber bolts to it. Referred to as a guard for the power unit.

many thanks

Rodney

image.jpeg

You  could forward your request with image to elco1979@yahoo.com

He helped me out a few times.

18 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi,

looking for the bracket/ guard that attaches to the body when installing the remote vacuum trunk release on a 63 Riviera.

unfortunately it was missing when I purchased the unit and was unaware it was needed. Photo of shop manual shows a picture and the trunk lock chamber bolts to it. Referred to as a guard for the power unit.

many thanks

Rodney

image.jpeg

Hi Rodney,

I do have one sitting on the remote vacuum trunc that I bought and I could measure it up for you in case you can't get one. Sorry but it isn't for sale as it is to be installed .. It even looks a little bit different from the manual so I hope that I got the correct one...

IMG_0533.JPG

Hi Eric,

thanks for that offer. I have a few feelers out there at the moment, one with the original seller, so hoping one will eventuate. I did think of making one as it will be covered anyway, so if need be, will let you know.

Rodney

Many thanks, have got one being shipped,

Rodney