Junkin'

Blue90

Weather has been dismally grey and wet in the Pacific northwest this late winter.  Nothing new actually and I just read (not on Twitter) that Portland is the most depressing city in the country.  This is about the time of the year that we can't take it anymore and need to see that big yellow orb in the sky to keep us going.  Luckily I have other avenues. I've been working on an '89 burgundy/light grey Reatta and a '90 white/light grey Riviera.  Unfortunately they are in two different Pick n Pulls twenty-five miles and much traffic apart.  So I went to see the '90 Riv today and joked with the attendant that I should get a discount for coming out in the rain.  He pointed to a sign stating all this week all parts were 50% off due to the flooding conditions in the yard, which is surrounded by a wetlands wildlife refuge.  

Amazingly the rain abated and I spent almost three glorious hours there.  It's amazing what junkin' can do for one's attitude.

I got a nice IPC, a nice ECC, door and window switches, IP surround, the thermostat housing and various small plastic parts and metal hardware and (not to rub this in Jim) both front wheel speed sensors whose barrels came out with just a slight turn of a wrench, and check out good with no cracks in the rubber.  Also a pair of grey horn buttons from a '96 Century.

Canadian Geese were flying over and honking all day and I left as the rain began again.

It doesn't get much better than this.

• Like 1