Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RIVNIK

Q about 65 int. trim

13 posts in this topic

Question: Is the interior trim on 1st gens (around the glass & pillars) made of stainless or is it chromed ? Mine was painted black either at the factory or by a previous owner. If it is stainless I will try to strip & polish it....If it is chrome then it was probably painted for a reason. Thanks       RIVNIK

My 64, I know it's not a 65, but the interior pillar trims are all chrome.  I would think it would be the same on a 65.

Chris

I assume you mean the interior A-pillar trim and the wide flat trim between the headliner and the glass.

These parts are chrome plated steel on a 65.

If you can stand the chrome bill, splurge to have all the interior trim (headliner trim, B pillars etc) chromed. There might be some reflective issues and it might not be exactly factory, but IMHO the look is stunning. PRL

I believe it has to do with whether it is a deluxe interior v/s a standard interior ... at least on 1963 and 1964 , not sure about a 65 as all I have seen are chrome. 

My '63 had chrome, but it was pitted, so I sanded it down and powdercoated it black to match the headliner.

This is how my 65 is.   The upper pieces were all painted.  Just the a pillar isn't.    I have head a deluxe interior is chrome all around.  It is chrome not polished stainless

IMG_6142.JPG

I'm pretty certain Winston is correct, the '65 is chrome, it might be just the custom interior, but I do think all '65s were that way.

RIVNIK, If you want to replace them I believe Gene of A B & G has a couple of sets that he had rechromed, at least the last time I saw him he had them available.

Custom interior are all chrome, standard interior A pillars only

Tom Mooney

1 person likes this