Sign in to follow this  
alini

Would you drive across the country in your car?

60FlatTop    1,901

That was a great time for GM. The whole time I watched the test video I was thinking of my Grandmother O'Brien coming up from behind and blasting by with her '54, back seat pulled out and three milk cans across the back.

They said they took it to Daytona to avoid conflict with other divisions. I think that meant they were getting away from this trouble maker:

I heard Duntov had his test track license revoked for buzzing some of the routine tests. Listen to those biased tires at 2:40 seconds on the Vette vid. I have this on a cassette and in the pre-CD days I played it cranked up in the garage a lot.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Sweet !

i can see why this in on CD for you. 

Do you remember slippin and sliding on skinny bias plys ?

I do, it was fun, even on WideOvals. 

PWB    204
On 3/18/2017 at 0:24 PM, RoadShark said:

It's even more fun in the winter (actually, I've gotten older and I'm more aware of the risks of cross-country travel in the winter through the Rockies).  This is outside Kearney Nebraska on the way to skiing in Utah and hiking in Big Bend.  Keep tools handy...

Byron-

"Perils he sought not- but ne'er shrank to meet; The scene was savage, but the scene was new; This made the ceaseless toil of  travel sweet."

RoadShark    35
8 hours ago, PWB said:

Byron-

"Perils he sought not- but ne'er shrank to meet; The scene was savage, but the scene was new; This made the ceaseless toil of  travel sweet."

Ah - if only those trips rose to such noble intentions.  More like "Fools rush in…" .