Tailight cover

Guest gotitright

This has been debated here before. I say about $500-600 tops, with some downward pressure on the price if there are any marks on the plastic from long term storage. I know some will disagree to the high side, but outside of the ultra rare Reatta owner who wants to do a concourse show quality car (how many of those do you know?) most of us are not going to bite on a price any higher than that.

I can't imagine the "typical" Reatta owner paying more than the figures I'm going with, and that is probably a stretch for most. I've paid a bit over $500 for one, and further back I scored one for half that. One was offered here a while back for over $1000, and the seller and several posters had a discussion on the reality of getting that price. I believe that one was ultimately offered on ebay for around the $500 mark, but I don't recall exactly as I didn't follow the transaction at the time. Bottom line is there just aren't enough high roller types interested in the Reatta to support $1000+ for a tail light lens. Besides that, you can still find a good used one still for a couple of hundred or less complete (not just the outer lens)  on eBay (and elsewhere for that matter).

Since a complete car can be had for $2500-4000 for one in pretty nice shape (beaters/parts cars are in the few hundred dollar range presently), it can hardly be justified spending a quarter to half of that on a single plastic lens. Yeah, there will be a periodic outlier at a crazy high price, but you can't bank on that unless you are willing to potentially wait years to close the sale. And the older these cars get, and the fewer remaining survivors, your odds of making a sale like that get to be even less. That's my take on it, fire away with dissenting opinions. Just remember, money talks.

Guest gotitright

I can see why shipping would be high.  I wish someone would be interested in my area,  eastern South Carolina. 

Guest gotitright

I would take $500 but it would have to be picked up, I can't see any way to ship it.  Of course offers would be considered.

Guest gotitright

I did not know its value until asking here.  I had no clue to its worth.  I will list it in the buy/sell section.  Thanks.

It can be shipped (both I purchased were shipped by either UPS or FedEx) though one was in the factory "crate" which was two slabs of OSB for two long sides and the end caps and heavy cardboard for the other two sides. The second one was sent in what I assume to have been a custom made box, all cardboard with lots of bubble wrap around it. Limiting to local pickup only will make a sale more difficult, but can understand the reluctance to go to the additional effort and expense of properly packing it if it is no longer in the factory supplied crate. I am not in a position to buy it now due to other  expenses, otherwise I'd be interested in it.