Wire wheels, 1930

Jack E

I'm hoping for some info on 1930 wire wheels. Just wondering about any markings, numbers, number of spokes,....... that they have on them. Close up photos would be very helpful too. I have been searching but have seen a couple different wheels being sold as Buick wheels. So I'm hoping you guys/girls can  educate me a bit. My car, a 1930 model 47 has wooden wheels; which I love! But i would also like a set of wire wheels.

Thanks for the help!

I just picked up these hubs, part # 227552. The hubs are in OK shape, they'll clean up nice. But the wheels aren't in great shape, it's a start. Not sure if these are the correct ones for my car but for what they cost, I couldn't chance losing them.

IMG_20170310_114118.thumb.jpg.73b07d8473a08a8635164d66e6f90cb2.jpg

IMG_20170310_114016.jpg

Edited by Jack E (see edit history)

I know this is off topic, but 64C do you have a photo of your car? Those photos of your wheels look amazing and my curiosity is killing me! I keep come back to looks at the shape they're in, amazing! Thanks again for the info and photos on the wheel/hubs!

I have all 4 hubs and one poor condition wheel available. I am reasonably sure they are 1930 but I don't know what series. If you are interested I can send some photos.  I am in Canada near Seattle WA. . They are off a Canadian car so probably lower series, we didn't get many of the high series cars here in Canada during the depression.

Greg

• Like 1

Keep in mind that when purchasing wire wheels for the 1930 models, they are absolutely useless without the locking rings.  In most cases when you find a wheel available, the locking ring is long gone.  It has been my experience the locking rings are much more difficult to find than the wheels themselves.

If you come across a wire wheel that does not require a locking ring, it would not be correct for the 1930 Buick and in all likelihood will not fit on the hub.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I have the wheels pictured below available. They are all Kelsey-Hayes 19" lockring wheels.  I have 6 of the 6-hole x 6-1/2" pattern, which have 8-1/2" hubcap hole.  40 spoke, 3" in the tire groove.  I have 3 of the 5-hole x 5-1/2", which have 7-1/8" hubcap hole.  40 spoke, 2-3/4" in the tire groove. 

I am located near Portland, Oregon and can deliver to the Portland Swap Meet this year, on Saturday or Sunday.  Am away on business until swap meet weekend, so cannot take more photos.  All wheels are similar condition to those shown, Arrange through email tmkotv at frontier dot com.   All wheels have their original lockrings present.  I will try to answer questions if I can.

6 wheels, 6 x 6-1/2" pattern:  $1290.

3 wheels, 5 x 5-1/2" pattern   $ 645.

Thx / Tim Knapp, Wilsonville, OR

1.may16001.JPG

1.may16002.JPG

1.may16003.JPG

1.may16004.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 2:18 PM, 1912Staver said:

I have all 4 hubs and one poor condition wheel available. I am reasonably sure they are 1930 but I don't know what series. If you are interested I can send some photos.  I am in Canada near Seattle WA. . They are off a Canadian car so probably lower series, we didn't get many of the high series cars here in Canada during the depression.

Greg

Can you send me some photos and a part number if still readable. I'll pm you my info.

Thanks,

Jack

Edited by Jack E (see edit history)

• 4 years later...