Acquired Ranco valves

gmbwrenchn

I acquired a whole lot of Ranco valves from a family member. Looks like from the late  40's - 60's. Wanted to know if there is a way (web site)

to know the current value of these and a way to know what type of vehicle there used on. Here's just one part number example.....H16 4411. See attached picture as well. Thanks for the help.          

IMG_3179[1].JPG

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have moved your question from the CCCA forum (since none of these are for CCCA era cars) to the technical forum. If you post more information on the particular valves that you have, I suspect someone here can help you learn more about them.

This link might help you some:   http://www.heatercontrolvalve.com/

As in the case of many things the value is knowing what it fits.  Yours are boxed by an aftermarket supplier and the best bet is to locate one of their listings.  If the Ranco number is on the valve, you would need to locate a Ranco list.  There don't seem to be any internet sites to help you.  If you are interested in investing a lot of time researching, you can make some money.  If not, it would be best to sell the lot. 

I would suggest that there are probably two different approaches that you should consider. 

1. Call Mr. Tucker at the number listed on the website that I posted about previously and see if he is interested in purchasing your valves or helping you identify them.

2. List them all by number with photos in individual listings on eBay. Folks who are looking for a particular valve will probably find them there.

There may be other approaches but if I had acquired them those are the two approaches that I would try.

I agree with MCHinson.  List them by number with a photo.  Any one who needs one should know what they are looking for.  I have seen dozens and dozens of listings on GM forums by people looking for "ranco valves"  I don't know how many other car makers used them but we sold them in the hundreds at the GM dealership where I worked.

I have about a thousand old parts catalogs at my office. I'll check when I get there Monday or Tuesday, to see if I have either a GTC or a Ranco catalog. 

Years ago I made a spreadsheet of MOST of my parts catalogs, delineating what year model coverage and TYPE of information each catalog offered. There are four different possible types of listings (according to the way I listed them on my old spread sheet). For example, APPLICATION lists are where you look up your vehicle by make, model, and year, and then see what part numbers are called for. NUMERICAL listings show the part numbers in numerical order, and approximately lists all the vehicles that part number fits. CROSS REFERENCE listings show part number interchanges, often by several brand names (which means you might be able to identify parts even if you don't find the correct brand of catalog). Finally, PICTURE listings show photos or line-drawings of specific parts, and give you the part number information. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and I'll have one which might help you. 

• 2 years later...