Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dean Marten

Luxury Liner

9 posts in this topic

I have a 1939 Luxury Liner. I could use some help finding running boards for it and how hard it would be to install disc brakes. Thank you

Why disc brakes?  If you fix the original brakes back to factory specifications they will work more than adequately to stop the car.  Also if you need parts it would be easier to look up in the catalogue for the car the parts.  No need to create a frankencar.

2 people like this

Caught my eye to as had no idea 

thought a luxury liner was RMS Queen  Mary , but wiser now , nice car . Those seats look especially luxurious 

thanks for posting 

cheers

pilgrim

I agree with Larry, if you are running an original engine, the stock brakes should be fine. New linings, springs and wheel cylinders with turned drums are more than adequate.

Welcome

I had a 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner with fluid drive, it would stop much faster than it would take off.

Unless you live in the mountains the original brakes will be fine.

Post a wanted add in the Dodge and / or parts sections.

I ran into a guy Saturday who just bought a white Dodge Luxury Liner in Twin Falls, Idaho earlier that day. He had a little trouble filling the tank up when the gauge registered 1/4-full, but two gallons went out on the ground. Was that you? A really nice looking, complete car.

The brochures depicted the Luxury Liner very dramatically...straight outta Flash Gordon!

From the 1939 Dodge Luxury Liner Brochure.
Artist: Aruther Radebaugh.

39 Dodge Luxury Liner Del B3CX.jpg