Need help on value of Riv parts

adoldfield

I am helping a gentleman with a collection of Buick parts that his father collected; with his father's passing, he is now trying to determine values on some of them in the eventuality that he will sell them.

These are not for sale now, but I am working to ascertain at least ballpark values so he can determine his next steps. 

Here's the list of Riviera parts:

NOS rear quarters - 1963/64, and 1965 - driver side;

NOS front quarter panel driver side 1963; 

NOS rear bumper 1971-73;

NOS rear bumper 1966;

used 65 clamshell headlamp unit, complete;

one dual quad set up, and

one dual quad intake;

nice used wood steering wheel, early Riv.

Thanks for your insight!

Half century old NOS has a wide range of judgment and judges.

NOS could be "Mint" OR have pitting, backside corrosion, small dents and scuffs from sitting on barn shelves all time passed.

$500 thru $2000 could be commanded on each. And a good re-chrome can beat a 50 year old NOS wall flower at times.

Same with the wheel, one small crack makes a $2000. wheel worth $500.

This is where advertised HD images and a history of each can boost/break value.

Carbs wont get much. Craigslist and eBay may reflect current values.

- My two or three cents

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

14 hours ago, adoldfield said:

I am helping a gentleman with a collection of Buick parts that his father collected; with his father's passing, he is now trying to determine values on some of them in the eventuality that he will sell them.

These are not for sale now, but I am working to ascertain at least ballpark values so he can determine his next steps. 

Here's the list of Riviera parts:

NOS rear quarters - 1963/64, and 1965 - driver side;

NOS front quarter panel driver side 1963; 

NOS rear bumper 1971-73; 

NOS rear bumper 1966;

used 65 clamshell headlamp unit, complete;

one dual quad set up, and

one dual quad intake;

nice used wood steering wheel, early Riv.

Thanks for your insight!

Alan,

Here are a few suggestion. I do not claim to be an expert. Selling venue will also be determining factor. Ebay tends to sell on high side but seller loses 13% of selling value through fees. Obviously there will be unknowns/variables-  See what others have to say.

Rear quarters - Sometimes take awhile to sell but if right buyer is found they will pay premium. ballpark $600-$800

The 71-73 rear bumper is either a 71 (no rubber impact strip or holes for it) 72 (Same as 71 but with rubber impact strip or holes to mount) 73 (1 year only) Value dependent on condition. Regardless of year I'd say $800-$1200. if little to no shelf wear

NOS 66 rear bumper - Fits 66-67. $800-$1100 if little to no shelf wear. I'd be interested in this item!

Dual quad setup. Too many variables to nail down - Depends on carbs condition & numbers, what all is included such as correct linkage, kickdown assy, distributor, air cleaner, Valve covers???? $1000-$2500 need more info

Dual quad intake - $500-$600 (Have seen more than 1 sell @ $600 on ebay) Off ebay seen them sell as low as $400

Wood wheel with center cap and hornbar? $1200 give or take 10%. High side if an original horn bar.

After sleeping on this I want to add a comment. Of course chrome condition is a factor but particularly 71/72 and 66/67 bumpers are HARD to find that weren't distorted by a bump in center or corner. When we see bumpers for sale either chromed or original cores, unless it can be seen mounted on car a buyer never knows what they are getting until bolted on car. NOS eliminates this risk. These bumpers fit contours of body close so its very difficult to ever get straightened back to original fit if they have been bumped. Sometimes it takes marketing effort and wait time (months) to sell Riviera parts and get top dollar but they will sell. If the owner decides to unload the parts quickly, prices will need to drop under market value.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Try calling some of the used part vendors in the Riview. They are good people and maybe they can help you out on pricing or better yet have a client that is looking for just what you have.

Good Luck.Scott

Hi 

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge!

And to be clear - these parts are not currently for sale, and I am not trying to rep them. The owner has not determined how he will sell - I am only trying to help him determine a value.

Thanks everyone!

Alan

They're worth what someone will pay for them.  If he wants to know what that is, put them on eBay.  If he's just trying to squeeze every last penny out of them -- and doing so by asking others to invest their time and expertise in his profit -- good luck to him.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 7:53 PM, EmTee said:

...Speaking of which -- what's the current status of your car?

Just got a used quarter and "redone" bumper 2 days ago. The quarter is pretty good, but the bodan isnt happy at all with the bumper. They apparently chromed over the pitting; I don't know; haven't seen it yet. My Dad passed away last week, so I am having to deal with all that stuff, so I have been busy. Hopefully, have it back before summer.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...