STOLEN: HUGE MASCOT & MOTOMETER COLLECTION

Guest Tri-shield

Guest Tri-shield
Kent, WA Collector had a large amount of very expensive old car radiator ornaments stolen. He had one of the largest collection of mascots and motometers on the west coast. Also taken was a real neat one of a kind hand made antique steam tractor, about 3 foot long if I remember it correctly. Also a lot of art and very nice wood carvings. The bad guys tore the door frame off the wall and backed the truck right up and cleaned him out. So if you hear about some cool old car stuff going cheap please call Kent Police Department (253) 852-2121 let them know, he is 80 and pretty upset about all of this, most of the stuff is one of a kind, irreplaceable. The wood carvings (not old) are very high quality,  women, animals and birds in exotic hardwoods, the finest I've ever seen. Please help. Thank you.
Edited by Tri-shield (see edit history)

Agree pics or descriptive inventory of some key items would be very helpful.  There will be a lot of lookers on the internet for offerings of these items for sale. Either they knew what they were doing and stole the items to order for someone, or they simply took a chance and will be trying to fence them without knowing what they really have.  In either case, there are a lot of smart collectors out there willing to provide some extra eyes in the search to nab the scum-bags involved and hopefully return some of the items.  Ebay is flooded with mascots and motometers but without knowing more specifics it'll be hard to assist.  Please provide as many details as you can.

Terry

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Portland swap meet people....keep your eyes peeled.

Will do.

Most likely the race track area, that seems to be where the spur of the moment guys hang out.

3 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Eric, Perhaps you should put up a "old mascot" "old radiator cap" wanted sign at the Portland swap meet and see if anything interesting comes to the surface. If you get a promising lead a detective could go posing as the buyer. Happy Hunting, Andy

That is a good idea, I would not think the crook would be stupid enough to set up a booth with the items but he might jump at the chance to sell it quickly and quietly thru a private sale.

Say what you want about those of us who don't use their real names, but I've bragged about my emblem collection too many times and I don't want it to wind up needing a thread like this one!

Guest Liesl

Wife of collector here.. yes, I am scanning websites regularly as we compile list and pics for police and revamp security.  Insurance is useless - can't document details of a lifetime of collecting.  Here's one pic I have handy, because it was a Christmas present from me...will upload more soon.  Interesting comment from Mercer09 about it being someone "close to the fella" -- we've thought of that, but not likely just one fella - more like a crew of scumbags... 

Biplane Mascot (1).jpg

Guest Liesl

We do not have complete inventory photos, so I am compiling photos of missing pieces from our mascot books.  Here are several more of the prime pieces taken from our building last week (probably Wed night, March 1).

20170306_094208.jpg

20170306_094332.jpg

Edited by Liesl
duplicate or incorrect photo loaded (see edit history)

This is a sad incident indeed. It also serves as a reminder that we should all document our collections for insurance purposes. The quickest and easiest way is to photograph everything with a digital camera. So you can prove to your insurance company that you had it. You do not have to be a professional photographer. Just walk around your home and garage with a camera and take photos of what you see. If you have a wall with shelves stand back and take one photo of the whole wall. Then at the time of a loss you can enlarge the image and see everything.

Guest Liesl

UPDATED POLICE CONTACT INFO 

If anyone comes upon info that might help recover any items, direct Kent police contact is Officer Wilson, voice mail #253-856-4831.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, TheMoneyPit said:

That is a good idea, I would not think the crook would be stupid enough to set up a booth with the items but he might jump at the chance to sell it quickly and quietly thru a private sale.

Say what you want about those of us who don't use their real names, but I've bragged about my emblem collection too many times and I don't want it to wind up needing a thread like this one!

I just do not put what I have and where it is on the internet, anywhere.  Just a list of the cars on my signature and they are spread like peanut butter all over the place in different locations. 

And I do not put pictures of my garages etc... out for viewing.  Just common sense in a world where nothing is private.

• Like 1