wanted

rjp

Re the Muffler -  André Audette posted on Facebook a while ago about the possibility of having some made out of stainless to the original drawings...

I don't know how many of us need to want one before it would be feasible to go ahead and have them made, but leave a note there if it's of interest to you (and you have access to Facebook of course)

Roger

Thank you and I will waiting to hear from you. I did drop the pan and the sludge was bad--but dropped the bearing caps and looks good I will plastic gauge them this next week . I will get the felt pads from Jeff I shall check valves and pistons soon, it does look I need a new timing chain that Jeff said he had. Thanks again and if you think of something else I should do please let me know.

24 minutes ago, hook said:

Having a 1930 & 1931 Franklin, I'm not sure what size your Powel muffler is. But, www.restorationstuff.com has new sections for sale. You have to use you existing cast ends and the sections are 6 1/2" in diameter which may or may not work. Just thought I'd share the link just in case.

Bill

So if you buy enough of them to make a muffler, is there a plan/diagram that shows which pieces have holes, which don't etc etc

Here's the Patent that was awarded for the muffler with some diagrams

https://www.google.com/patents/US1735789

And another one

https://www.google.com/patents/US1800354

Roger

Edited by theKiwi (see edit history)

Try Franklin DWG number 35563. This drawing gives the detail of how many sections and the configuration of each of the sections. Now I believe the sections sold by restoration stuff are the right size for this drawing. I didn't say they were cheap however.

Bill