Sign in to follow this  
auburnseeker

Transport needed 1947 Hudson Sedan front doors CA to Carlisle or NY State

Looking to have a pair of  Complete 1947  Hudson Front doors moved from Santa Rosa CA (the guy that has them their will help get them to someone in the area, as well, if that helps so you don't need to be in Santa rosa or going their just in that area of CA)  to Either Carlisle PA for the Carlisle show or Lake George or Albany area of NY state.  I have someone that will pick them up at Carlisle if that's an option.  Willing to pay a fair price.  Some other locations in NY state are possible as well. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Had you looked into using the Fastenal service?  In case you didn't know, you can have something large and bulky delivered to a Fastenal store, secured to a pallet, and they will ship it fairly cheaply to a Fastenal store near you.  I've heard good things about it, never used it myself, but it seems to be especially good for shipping large, unwieldy things like sheet metal.

I had never seen their stores in our area,  so I kind of wrote it off.  Come to find out,  there is one probably 30 miles away.  That might be an option.  I'll have to check and see if they can be put on a pallet or if they are too big.  Thanks for making me take the time to look,  Randy