victorialynn2

1979 Lincoln Town Car.

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I tried to search for my last post to add to it but it wouldn't come up. Maybe due to the update. Just wanted to show you'all what I've been up too. 

I got the '79 tuned up, many of the little things fixed. Still working on her, but ain't she pretty? 

Didn't want you'all to think I was slacking! Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What a handsome car. Those were the days when a Lincoln was a Lincoln. Hope you have some nice rides this summer.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)
2 people like this

Sadly I need to list her for sale. To take care of dad, but really wish I could keep her. Lots of memories from my mom's '72 back in the day. 

1 person likes this

The old Linc shined up really nice.

1 person likes this

Very Nice !!

I love those big Lincolns

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes, Victoria Lynn, your Lincoln is beautiful.

I can see why those 1977-79 Lincolns were

so popular then, and have remained popular

to the present day.

Are you sure you don't want to choose this car to keep?

Imagine you and your family and friends settling into

those soft velour seats and seeing some beautiful countryside

and interesting sights!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here is the for-sale listing which you couldn't find:

One way, Victoria Lynn, to find your past content is to

click on your name (at the left side of the screen above

your thumbnail picture);  then, when a new screen opens up,

click on the gray rectangular box (near the top right) that

says "See their activity."  All your postings are listed, and

you can see page after page of them.

Thankfully, the new software has preserved everyone's

ads and pictures and insights!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your Lincoln is tres bon! Brings back a memory. When I got my first car....a 1930 Model "A"....it wouldn't start after sitting for 10 years, so my grandpa push-started me with his Lincoln, a 1921 Leland-Built Lincoln. Pre-Ford, of course. Kind of like having a pre-GM Cadillac!

I have one friend whose posts go back to 1997 on the AACA Forums. They're here forever.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
1 person likes this

Victoria,

I see you listed & re-listed this twice on ebay.

$4300 is a fair price for this car which was the second ebay auction high bid if I read it correctly.

I don't know what you are hoping to get for the car - but the market is limited.

Jim

8 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Yes, Victoria Lynn, your Lincoln is beautiful.

I can see why those 1977-79 Lincolns were

so popular then, and have remained popular

to the present day.

Are you sure you don't want to choose this car to keep?

Imagine you and your family and friends settling into

those soft velour seats and seeing some beautiful countryside

and interesting sights!

I'd rather keep the '57 but I am planning on registering this in case it doesn't sell. If I can't get a fair price, it is very possible it will stay. 

Have you thought about trying to sell it on bringatrailer.com? That site is always a mix of the unusual and often prices exceed what I'd expect.

Just to let you know Victoria Lynn the owner of Special Interest Cars passed away . So all his NOS parts are going to be sold off if anyone needs parts . Special Interest Cars 905 844 8063 Oakville Ontario Canada 

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Mark Gregory said:

Just to let you know Victoria Lynn the owner of Special Interest Cars passed away . So all his NOS parts are going to be sold off if anyone needs parts . Special Interest Cars 905 844 8063 Oakville Ontario Canada 

Mark, in what does Special Interest Cars specialize?

Lincoln parts?  What years?  Mostly new items?

I could not find a website for that business.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Special Interest Cars 

5.01 Google review

Auto parts store in Oakville, Ontario

Address2410 Speers Rd, Oakville, ON L6L 5M2

They have parts for FORD , FALCON , FAIRLANE , TORINO , COMET , MONTAGE , MUSTANG II , ECONOLINE , COURIER , FORD TRUCK , BOBCAT , PINTO , METEOR , T - BIRD 
THEY HAVE SUSPENSION , STEERING , BRAKES , IGNITION ETC. THEY FIT FORD - GM - CHRYCO - AMC - ETC .
I took this information from the Old Autos newspaper 
HERE IS THEIR EMAIL  sic@bellnet.ca 
Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

On 3/4/2017 at 8:48 AM, Trulyvintage said:

Victoria,

I see you listed & re-listed this twice on ebay.

$4300 is a fair price for this car which was the second ebay auction high bid if I read it correctly.

I don't know what you are hoping to get for the car - but the market is limited.

Jim

I've checked prices for these cars on NADA, Haggerty, etc as well as EBay solds. An average car comes in around 7500-10k. This is at least an average car. It only has 61k miles and is in very nice condition. No rust, always garaged and very straight.

If I don't find the right buyer, I will likely keep it. Also, I just had it tuned up, new radiator installed and some minor blemish items fixed. 

If I had a dollar for every dollar I was told I wouldn't get, I'd be rich. Not trying to be greedy here, it's a really well-preserved car and worth every penny of what I will sell it for. 

Also, all previous buyers have been happy with the cars and left positive feedback. Most of the cars were sold on another eBay account, so you can't see that, but the '50 I sold on my account. (Because I'm in Tx, not Or right now). I was told by at least one person that it wasn't worth what my research said, but the buyer did and he's very happy. The truth is, it's like real estate, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Some cars/properties take the right buyer. That '50 needed the right one because it was mid-restoration. The Corvairs and the Lincoln don't have as big an audience, so a bit tougher. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Case in point, here is one in similar condition, with 41 bids currently at 6,1000 and still below reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Lincoln-Continental-Town-Car-Luxury-/142291621606?hash=item21213dd6e6:g:aisAAOSwSlBYsPUa&vxp=mtr

There's another with paint issues currently at 3,600 which is close to what I was offered and turned down. I won't bore you with all the other research I've done because, at the end of the day, it is worth what someone will pay. I can tell you I'm good at research, however, and have qualified people who advise me. I also am realistic on prices (according to all the past buyers and have been told by the buyers I'm low on some, based on their condition). It's important to me that the buyers are happy with their purchases, so I wouldn't try to fool anyone on what these cars are and are not.

I also though it might sell better if I waited closer to March, rather than around the holidays. I'm willing to give it a couple more tries now that some details have been addressed and the timing is better. If it doesn't sell, I have a nice driver to putter around Texas in. ;)

2 hours ago, Buick64C said:

Have you thought about trying to sell it on bringatrailer.com? That site is always a mix of the unusual and often prices exceed what I'd expect.

Thank you for the suggestion! My advisor, who has helped me sell several cars on eBay, mentioned that site. I haven't tried it yet. I have researched many sites, and what I've found is that nearly all cars for sale, even the ones on Hemmings, are also on eBay. I just think they have the best exposure, although at some point I may try this site. I tried Hemmings with the '50, and the stats for views, inquiries and leads was so much lower than eBay, that I'm hesitant to try another one right now. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

Thank you for the suggestion! My advisor, who has helped me sell several cars on eBay, mentioned that site. I haven't tried it yet. I have researched many sites, and what I've found is that nearly all cars for sale, even the ones on Hemmings, are also on eBay. I just think they have the best exposure, although at some point I may try this site. I tried Hemmings with the '50, and the stats for views, inquiries and leads was so much lower than eBay, that I'm hesitant to try another one right now. 

I can see how the options can be a bit overwhelming. The benefit of BaT is I think it reaches a different, younger audience then Hemmings. The Lincoln is kitsche-cool, and might be the kind of car that appeals to the BaT buyer. 

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)
2 people like this

That's definately something to consider. Ty!

Oh my...................GORGEOUS!  Wish you didn't have to sell it, & wish I could buy it.  Someone is going to be very lucky.

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"Those dreams move on if you wait too long" | Billy Ray Cyrus | 'Could've Been Me'

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, ScarredKnightfan said:

Oh my...................GORGEOUS!  Wish you didn't have to sell it, & wish I could buy it.  Someone is going to be very lucky.

Thank you! I really should sell it, but I'm certainly not going to give it away for 5K. I'm trying to sell some other stuff also, but if a fair price is offered, she will go. I want to do some more detail work on the interior, then get some additional shots before I relist her. 

Posted (edited)

You know, VL, at the low price you're asking and based on the comps you cite maybe something to consider would be raising your 'reserve' by $1000 ~ $1500 and advertising the car with 'Free Shipping'.  Someone who likes the car, but dismisses it as out of reach simply because they can't imagine how they'd get it home might stop and give it serious consideration.  The low asking price may also cause some to believe that there must be some issues with the car since the price seems to contradict it's appearance.  To some extent, it seems that price sets the buyer's perception of value...

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
1 person likes this