Work Needed on '46 Continental

jrbartlett

Are there any v-12 Continental enthusiasts in northeast Texas -- or for that matter a qualified mechanic -- who is skilled in setting the points and timing on a '46 Continental? A friend living in Nacogdoches is seeking help in getting his car running after several years of inactivity. He can transport the car on a trailer. Please advise, and thanks.

Go to the LZOC web site and look in their Sources tab. Jake Fleming is listed there and if you click his name, his contact information will be shown.  Jake has not been in the best of health lately, but I believe he is accepting work again.

It is not necessary to transport the Lincoln to get the distributor set up, just the distributor. If your friend needs more help, the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club Regional Director may be able to help with mechanic information.

• 2 months later...

it would be nice if people who know these cars would list there names for there area who would work on you'r car for a price, kinda to help some of the people who don't know so much .may be that is why people want to use the car body and up grade the engine and modify the hole car. it is cheaper to strip it and use newer and better parts. i kinda wish i would have now. i like the old stuff but its a lot of work and head ackkkkkkkkk !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1946Lincoln

Mike Ondish from Ondish Automotive in Margaretville, NY 845-586-4734 works only on old cars. He helped me as I am restoring a 1946 Lincoln. He knows the old cars.

Jim