Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

Some Signature pictures not showing up

Question

17 answers to this question

Ben I am seeing your sig picture, are you still not? 

To anyone who's lost your sig picture, is it linked to or from the forum gallery?

I can not, Lamar.  Figured Probably something with my computer till others mentioned it. And strange some others visible and some not.

Not showing on this one.  just "bca nationals 2012 024" in place of the pix.

Ben

Edited by First Born (see edit history)

Have you signed out and back in?

Signature images contain hardcoded HTML and simply pointing to an image in the wrong location. They need to update their HTML to point to the image again.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter! So there ya go, just  go to your profile and delete the old signature picture and replace it with either the same or another. Right Peter? 

• Like 1

Please report back if that works. 

Did not work for me.  As a matter of fact I cannot find my gallery images.  Thinking maybe I had too many and a major portion were truncated.  Of course it may be that I just don't know how to use the search function to find my images too.  Can't seem to find them by searching for my user name.

Guess not,  Here's what I did:

I clicked on the former signature picture which opened a copy of the picture. 

With the cursor on the picture I did a Right Click and went to the Properties tab.

Clicked on the Properties tag and then copied the picture address.

Went back to my edit profile and added the new URL into the data box, where upon the image promptly showed up.

Saved it.

Came here and posted the above entry but the signature picture did not show up.

John,

It looks like your profile photo location is simply being displayed as a link instead of an embedded photo. You might want to try clearing it and updating it again being careful to make sure that it is not being posted as a link. In the Admin control panel, I can see that the photo is there but it is simply displayed as a link. The signature link works but obviously having to click on the link to display the signature photo is not helpful.

You can't just insert the URL you copied into the signature line to get the photo to display. You have to use the "insert other media" button (see photo below). Click where the red arrow is pointing  -  then insert the URL you copied into the next box that pops up.

58ba2cbe19a16_sigpicbutton.jpg.80b35aebedf05e774df290e1f1bbab9f.jpg

Ronnie, that's how I inserted the address into the data box, through the "insert Image from URL" option.  

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

Did not work for me.  As a matter of fact I cannot find my gallery images.  Thinking maybe I had too many and a major portion were truncated.  Of course it may be that I just don't know how to use the search function to find my images too.  Can't seem to find them by searching for my user name.

John, I FINALLY found mine. Click on your name in the upper right corner. The drop down has "my attachments". Click that and there they are. 

Ben

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Ronnie, that's how I inserted the address into the data box, through the "insert Image from URL" option.  

John, Try inserting the link below into your signature line. (Be sure to copy it all together. It's really long.) I think the link you have been using is to the page where the image is located instead of the just the photo.

http://content.invisioncic.com/Maaca/monthly_2017_02/small.gallery_31834_1_1431484716_34074.jpg.c03b4683d93d0022330ecfd265f37a17.jpg

This is what you should see.

small.gallery_31834_1_1431484716_34074.j

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ok, it's my fault.  I wasn't on the signature page when making my changes.  I was on the my profile page.  Looks corrected now.  Thanks Ben, Matt and Ronnie plus good ole Mr. Earl for helping me out.

• Like 1

I would still be interested in knowing why some of us had the problem to begin with and others did not.  Why Lamar could see mine , I could not. I could see some folks sig pix, but not others. Not being critical here, just curious.

Ben

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this