1926 S70 tire tube replace

If your car has collapsible rims, I have to ask if you have the correct rim-shrinking tool. You fit it into the slot and crank it around until the rim overlaps itself and gets smaller. This is the 1931 Dodge process. Yours should be somewhat similar. Got a photo of your rim to see if I am correct? Stand on the rim as you do this process. Start by removing the valve core to let all of the air out.

576f2b4cd0e89_Picture7386.jpg.455fb8ab1a22f08771d19c05cf7c08fc.jpg

576f2c2c751af_Picture5421.jpg.80fda47ae8907ee1f5c12bda38e4378f.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, impacsys said:

that is what the rim looks like though I don't have the tool. Maybe I can fab something???

Sometimes a slot style tire iron with the screw driver style tip will do it, but be VERY careful as the end of those can break.

You will have to start at the narrowest part of the rim with the tire as you put it on the rim and work your way around with a couple of tire irons. Once you have the tire on the rim, insert the tube into the tire. It is a pain in the butt. Be certain the valve stem is placed correctly when you expand the rim with the tool because as you expand the rim, the stem will move. I see no reason for not being able to slide/spin the tire on the shrunken rim unless you are installing a different (size) tire.