1939 New Yorker in Ontario, Ca

Here's a link to a very promising looking '39 New Yorker for sale on Kijiji in Kithchener, Ontario ( a little over two hours NW of Buffalo, NY). It has overdrive, decent dash plastic and the equivalent of just under 50,000 miles. The price is $4,500 Canadian, which is $3,375 US. It's no doubt something of a hassle to get it across the border, but It looks like a whole lot of car for the money:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/kitchener-waterloo/1939-chrysler-new-yorker/1242486363?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Here's the ad copy:

Original and complete. 1939 Chrysler New Yorker. This car was last licensed in 1961 and has been in storage for many years. It's is in very good and solid condition for a car that's almost 80 years old. It has the original straight eight engine with 3 speed transmission. The body is very solid with the only rust through on the drivers front fender and part of the truck. All of the difficult to find parts are all there...hubcaps, trim rings, door handles, window cranks, dash glass, clock, all emblems, tail lights, air cleaner, wiper arms, etc. This car requires restoration but I have already restored a 1939 Chrysler Imperial and so I have contacts for just about everything you would need. This is a beautiful and rare car... few were ever built and very few are still around today. Even more rare to find an unrestored original like this. I have the original build information from the Chrysler Historic Society and ownership. Call John

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Thought you might like to see a pic of my Aussie 1939 Royal, Hudsy Wudsy note Aussie assembled cars had different plain straight bumper which didn't hide waterfall grille.

It was originally bought new by a gambling Catholic Priest then sold onto a rural Funeral/Taxi business in 1940. It remained with this family business for 75 years before I bought it, looks great doesn't it !

1939 chrysler front.jpg