Miniature Dodge engine

jpage

I was so impressed by Roger Zimmerman's thread in the Cars and Restoration forums that I was motivated to try my hand at building a larger scale model choosing 1/6 scale.. Because I have a '36 Dodge and the engine is handy for measurements , I chose to duplicate it. The model is not as detailed and precise as Roger's but looks pretty good given I have no specialty tools or skills. It's built mostly from scrap wood. plastic and some brass, using many things i found lying around. The air cleaner is made from a pill bottle ad does have the screen and filter mesh inside. After 2 years, I still have to complete the wiring setup. I was surprised, given the size, how difficult it can be to make fine details sharp, really increasing my respect for Roger and the others out there who have the skill and patients to do so! I was also surprised of the cost of building this model as those tiny screws are quite expensive but really add realism! Just thought hat some of the WPC guys would appreciate this!

DSC01983.JPG

DSC01984.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

DSC01986.JPG

DSC02130.JPG

DSC02133.JPG

DSC02135.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

• Like 4

Yeah the photos all disappeared! They'll get it fixed I'm sure! Tom, the model measures about 8 3/4 in. front to rear and is mounted to a wooden base. The head is 3 3/4 in long and 1 1/8 in. wide. Each inch is 6 inches to scale.

• 3 weeks later...