auburnseeker

Time for my annual ebay feedback rant

I never subscribed to their global shipping scam.  As it is I hate buying my shipping from them but they have it set up so you almost have to and have some bazaar rate they get for First class mail up to 15.9 ounces that is not available at the Postal window. I know they are making money off selling us the shipping.   Not to mention the pecent they make off your shipping fee to begin with even when it's at cost.

Connecting rods on the walls would be an interesting look.   I could have done a nice border along the top with those.  

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

I really don't care were my eBay buyers live as long as they don't mind covering the actual postage cost. I've always felt uneasy using the Global ripoff, so how do buyers outside the USA like to see postage advertised? Bob

Hi Bob

For any of us, all you have to do is indicate in your ad that we need to contact you after posting a winning bid to get your actual cost of postage. If packing is extraordinarily difficult for a particular piece, most reasonable people would forgive a modest additional fee for that. There should be no hassle in the seller dealing directly with the buyer. (unless the buyer is a jerk - then all bets are off:angry:

I realize that for a large volume commercial seller, they don't want to be bothered with individual buyers. So if you insist on buying from such a seller  you're stuck with doing it eBay's way.

But a seller will win brownie points from their prospective customers by NOT using the Global Shipping Program

If you dig enough on the eBay website, there is a way to opt-out of the global shipping program.  I did so a few months ago and no longer have to un-check the global shipping box when writing an ad.

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

I really don't care were my eBay buyers live as long as they don't mind covering the actual postage cost. I've always felt uneasy using the Global ripoff, so how do buyers outside the USA like to see postage advertised? Bob

USPS as they do not have all the extra fees the currier service's do. The currier's also always charge a tax for the government where the postal service is very random. I will only buy if the seller uses the US postal service and that is not to often anymore. Will EBay allow the seller to switch from Global rip off service after the sale to USPS or are they locked in once they have you. 

22 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I did file complaints with them for each of the 2 feedback but haven't had any luck before.  I guess if I am concerned enough I can call the Indian tech department and hope I find a sympathetic representative.   You would think they might actually listen to concerns or complaints of a seller (around 4000 items a year) and buyer (probably another 250 items a year) when they actually do speak up about 1 or 2 of those total transactions a year.  I usually just go with the punches,  but sometimes when hit below the belt with a bowling ball,  you get a bit uptight. 

I have called eBay a few times recently as a seller and was shocked that they actually were very helpful. The one feedback is obviously a mistake and I bet they'd take it right off. 

As far as the literature, he should have looked at the great pictures you supplied. No excuse for his complaint. I'm sorry for your negative experiences. 

On another note, I really wish I'd have seen this auction. I'd love to have that literature for my '57 Retractable. Do you have any more of these?