Not too shabby

PWB

Earth tones and pale pastels are the ones that get saved, conservative new buyers who keep their cars a long time. Primary color cars are bought by the "look at my new car" buyer and spiral into the used car market in two or three years.

My Riviera was brown the first 15 years of its life. It's been maroon longer than in was brown. Actually, converted to 1978 dollars, that is pretty much the same deal I got on mine. Would a person buy a car like that today, paint it the color they liked, and keep it for 40 years? Maybe one.

Bernie

• Like 1

Same exact color combinations of the 73 that I bought new. Pretty much just out of college so I couldn't afford to the Riviera; bought the Century Lexus. It was equipped with the same options, except for the engine and suspension, but mine had the sunroof. Loved that car. Sold it and bought a BMW.  The Bimmer handled great but the Buick had the ride that I preferred. 

33 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Same exact color combinations of the 73 that I bought new. Pretty much just out of college so I couldn't afford to the Riviera; bought the Century Lexus. It was equipped with the same options, except for the engine and suspension, but mine had the sunroof. Loved that car. Sold it and bought a BMW.  The Bimmer handled great but the Buick had the ride that I preferred. 

Was this yours? :D

33503090001_original.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JZRIV said:

That's a real nice example and loaded up with options. Firm ride and handling so it would feel like a GS. HD cooling and the expensive option at the time AM/FM 8-track player. With a Buy It Now of $12k I'm surprised its still there.

Indeed, one sweet ride. If she had the floor shift and "tell tale" fiber optics I'd make the call. But then the price would be up another 4G? :blink:

I had silver ascot (recollection?) with black interior. I wonder if a dealer put (in mine) those optics in?

- Shoulda kept her!

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

20 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Earth tones and pale pastels are the ones that get saved, conservative new buyers who keep their cars a long time. Primary color cars are bought by the "look at my new car" buyer and spiral into the used car market in two or three years.

My Riviera was brown the first 15 years of its life. It's been maroon longer than in was brown. Actually, converted to 1978 dollars, that is pretty much the same deal I got on mine. Would a person buy a car like that today, paint it the color they liked, and keep it for 40 years? Maybe one.

Bernie

I have found this to be very, very true over the years of my car collecting. This is why I place a premium on an original, desirable color coupled with low miles. It`s not hard to find a low mileage Mom N Pop green over green mobile, but to find one that is triple black is very challenging

Tom