Carolina Roadmasters: Boca, Buicks and Burning Hot fun

38Buick 80C

4 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Those automotive engineers, you gotta love 'em.

I always liked those old beetles that used air pressure taken from the spare tire to power the windshield washer.  German Engineering.  <_<

On 2/12/2017 at 1:42 PM, 38Buick 80C said:

There were 5 Buicks present and my vacant spot...

The 36-80C was from the CCCA Museum. The 55 and beige Riv were from the Rick Case collection.

tmp_20218-IMG_20170212_0923271747238230.jpg

tmp_20218-IMG_20170212_092403976362984.jpg

tmp_20218-IMG_20170212_0854391405959713.jpg

I now dedicate my entry to you and your brave adventure with your 38..... and I was worry about driving that blue 54 from Miami to Palm Beach County. Not of because the car but about the savage South Florida drivers.

Regards... hope you got it fix.

The vapor lock issue could be a few things.  I second the "try a different coil" suggestion.  Verify timing and does that distributor have a vacuum advance?  If so, is it hooked up?  Has it been tested? Any vacuum advance from 38 I would probably be questionable as that is an old piece of rubber.  If timing is right(check both initial and at full advance, have someone Rev the motor till full advance is reached), if timing is right, coil is new,  and still has same problem, and pull the harmonic damper and see if the outer ring spun.  That rubber gets old also and the outer will spin on the inner and you'll never get a true timing reading. Happens all time on 350 Chevy's and 302 Fords, even stuff less than 10yrs old.  If that checks out, I would consider installing a return line in the fuel system. It gives the vapor an escape route back to the tank.  Also, simple stuff like double check all of your electrical grounds from motor to to frame to body.  Bad grounds cause a ton of wacky hard to track down issues.