replacement fuel pump for 64 435

dr914

Where is the best place to find a replacement pump for my 64 425?  I do not think that I want some Chinese fuel pump, see many on line.  Also would it be better to rebuild instead of replace?  I know that Cars has a rebuild kit new fuel pumps and also a rebuild service, but I also know that sometimes their parts are not the best brands.  Would think that I would want an ac DELCO .  Also I am sure that someone here knows the factory part number for the pump?  (My parts book is at home!)  Thank you  George Hussey

I have a brand new ACDelco water pump for an 81 - 85 Rivieras with a 5.0 liter Oldsmobile engine, still in the original ACDelco box.  Stamped on the impeller hub - "Made in China"  Not all Chinese stuff is junk.  You get what you're willing to pay for. Spend a little extra and you'll get some quality stuff, even from China.  Do you really think that Buick would invest a lot of money on their new Envision if they thought things built in China were junk.  That entire car is built in China.  Their new Cascada is Built in Poland.   

Americans think Chinese stuff is junk because they buy the cheapest thing they can from Wal-Mart.  When it falls apart they blame China rather than themselves for being so cheap in the first place.  

When is the last time you saw an American built car offer a 10 year , 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty on anything?

And to answer your question, no I don't have any cars built in China.  My Verano says it was built in the USA but it also says that certain parts came from Mexico and other countries outside the USA. "Assembled in the USA" is how they phrase it.

Yep, what Ed said.  It's the way of the world now, and Chinese stuff can be just as good as ours, unfortunately.  I've got a 552" stroker engine in my Mach 1, and the crank and rods are by Scat (one of the best names in the custom engine business).  They're rated to 1500 hp.  Guess what?  They're all Chinese steel castings to begin with, and machined here in America after they ship the blanks over.  Same with Eagle, Lunati, and most others......

Lucas

I have exactly one (1) N.O.S. ++ A C ++ Fuel Pump for a 1964 Buick Riviera -- because it has a "CG" date code...... that is about as U.S.A. as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want to spend that much money for one -- if you aren't putting together a Concourse car or vying for a Hershey Senior winner -- I have some

of those fuel pumps -- in the new ethanol gas material from a few years ago -- when they WERE made in the United States!!!!!!!!!!

Call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.............. New York.....

(I have some guy with the handle "Rivilou" whose been "thinking about it" for a month or more now -- it would be pretty cool when he finally calls back, to be

able to tell him, "It's GONE -- I TOLD you I had ONLY 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have a pony car that goes through pumps in 6 months, because of the California ethanol gas. It just eats holes through the diaphragms. I try to get good name pumps too (usually Carter), but it killed a edelbrock pump in 3 months. I'm wiring my Riv to take a Holley Red electric pump.

12 hours ago, jsgun said:

I have a pony car that goes through pumps in 6 months, because of the California ethanol gas. It just eats holes through the diaphragms. I try to get good name pumps too (usually Carter), but it killed a edelbrock pump in 3 months. I'm wiring my Riv to take a Holley Red electric pump.

Yep.  Which is why (IMHO) if you're really fixated on getting a specific date code, you're time and money ahead to buy an appropriate core and a rebuild kit and not worry about whether it works right off the bat.