1928 Dictator

Guest Tony Gilyard

I have attached a PDF copy of an article that appeared in the May/June 1983 issue of The Antique Studebaker Review.  The article was written by Bill Cannon founder of the ASC.  In the early years of the Review, Bill Cannon published many technical and how to articles on restoring and maintaining the early Studebaker's.  If possible, you might want to acquire these back issues of the ASC Review.  

Rebuilding_steering_Column_Levers.pdf

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)

Guest Tony Gilyard

Mark

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU!!! I am a new Stude owner and member with no kmowledge on how to get info. Is there a list or "inventory" of articles like the one you just sent me?  My car is in good shape body-wise, was nicely repainted with minimal rust on the undercarriage. The original interior is compleyely intact and just needs kick panels redone. Engine seems to run ok; oil pressure only 18-20 lbs when hot, and idles hot at about 10 lbs. I am just trying to make a fun driver out of it for local use; not a show car. The 3rd lever on top of steering wheel only says "Closed " when you turn it clockwise all the way. On the bottom end it has a rod about 8'" long that connects to nothing. Was that a throttle lever control at one time?  My only other problen is a crank out windshield missing most ot the parts. There is a turn crank inside on the dash that turns a worm gear inside the firewall. There is a metal "box" about 8" long by 3/4" square on the bottom of the windshield that obviously had some type of arms connected to it at one time. Nothing in between. Got any info on that???

Again thanks for all your help  Sincerely  Tony Gilyard